thirty

"what do you mean?" yeosang asked once wooyoung and san came back from the cafe. the two told seonghwa and yeosang what happened with jimin. although yeosang didn't know jimin personally, it was better for yeosang to hear this as well.

san sighed, "jimin ssi knew about park junwong without wooyoung ever telling him. does neither of you find this strange?"

seonghwa slowly shook his head, "well, yeah, of course, it's a bit strange. but one of the biggest assassin hirers in busan is park junwong. i wouldn't be super weirded out that jimin hyung thought it was him. but then there's also a few more big assassin hirers in busan and i'm just-" seonghwa's shoulder slumped, "yeah, i get what you mean."

"well, do you have any theory on this, wooyoung?" yeosang asked, looking at the youngest boy in the room. wooyoung lifted his head from his hands and sighed, "i do have one. i just don't wanna acknowledge it."

san moved over from his bed to sit next to wooyoung, wrapping an arm around the boy's shoulder and smiling at him, "it's okay."

wooyoung looked at san and a small smile slowly replaced his downward-pointing lips, "okay. well, jimin hyung never mentioned about his father and i know this is a typical thing nowadays. but i don't know if i'm making a wild assumption since your surname's also park, hyung. but what if-"

"what if jimin ssi's father is park junwong?" yeosang finished wooyoung's sentence. wooyoung nodded and closed his mouth, leaning more towards san's body. san noticed this and rubbed wooyoung's shoulder in a steady circle motion in order to calm the boy down.

the four boys sat in silence, the seriousness of this conversation finally dawning upon them. seonghwa frowned, "wooyoung, did you tell jimin hyung you were coming back?"

wooyoung nodded slowly, not knowing where the oldest is going with this question, "yeah. i told you — well, half told you — jimin hyung and taehyungie hyung. why?"

"holy shit, wooyoung. if your theory's correct, then the bugs in our apartment would make total sense!" seonghwa said, grabbing wooyoung's shoulders and shaking the younger. wooyoung placed his hands on seonghwa's hands as an attempt to steady himself and his eyes widened at seonghwa's point.

"what bugs?" san asked, his frown visible and a very confused expression on his face.

wooyoung turned to san and started explaining how they realised there were bugs planted in their apartment and had originally suspected san and yeosang for it. both boys shrugged at the suspicion, knowing that it was easy to suspect someone nowadays even if you've known that someone your entire life.

"yeah, no, i agree with seonghwa hyung. if he doesn't have anything to do with park junwong, then that wouldn't explain your bugs. there could also be a possibility it's taehyung ssi, but then he never mentioned anything about park junwong, right?" yeosang expressed his train of thoughts.

wooyoung nodded, "but then again, we had to leave the shop quickly because sannie was allergic to pollen. but taehyungie hyung was never one to ask about my job. i usually work at night and jimin hyung was always working at night. so taehyungie hyung just knows and i highly doubt that he cares about my job or just wants anything to do with it."

"what do you think, hyung? you told me you've met up with him for a few times while i was gone." wooyoung asked, looking at seonghwa. seonghwa nodded and started thinking: stroking his chin and eyebrows furrowed.

seonghwa raised his head and concluded his thoughts, saying, "he never once asked about our job. he only asked whether or not you're enjoying seoul. i don't think it's taehyungie hyung."

wooyoung sighed, "then it has to be jimin hyung."

"i'm sorry, wooyoung." yeosang said, his gaze falling upon wooyoung and his eyes filled with sympathy. wooyoung looked over at seonghwa and saw the same thing in his eyes. he looked over at san; the same fucking emotion in his eyes. wooyoung shook his head, "i need to clear my mind."