thirty one

wooyoung and seonghwa decided to do their 'thing' on jimin the following day. they did their basic research, of course, and found nothing more than what jimin had told wooyoung about himself. however, seonghwa did not manage to find anything on jimin's parents, which was definitely odd because even the file of an orphan would have their parents' names on there.

"how could this be?" asked san, who knew simply nothing of how files work. he had ask seonghwa to whip up his later on and seonghwa promised him he would, just to properly impress the younger boy.

wooyoung and yeosang spoke at the same time, but wooyoung gestured towards the older boy to allow him to talk. yeosang smiled softly at wooyoung before starting to speak, "either jimin ssi's parents are a total secret to the world, i.e. his parents died in a top secret mission issued by the government, or his parents has connections and are rich enough to conceal the fact that they're jimin ssi's parents."

san hummed, "and we're thinking this means it's park junwong because..."

all three assassins — former and present — stared at san blankly. they thought they laid the facts obvious enough for san to crack the code.

"oh! park junwong's rich." san said, snapping his fingers, "heh, sorry. it's kinda early."

"it's 3:29 in the afternoon, san."

"precisely my point." san grinned, gulping down his fifth cup of coffee today. wooyoung stared at the cup and shook his head, heading over to his boyfriend and taking the cup away.

san glared at wooyoung, "hey, what are you doing?"

"that's enough coffee for you per day, choi san. and don't tell me you drink more than five cups of coffee per day. i'll make some tea for you. do you two want any?" wooyoung asked the two older boys in the room. seonghwa requested a milk tea and yeosang offered to go make them with wooyoung.

yeosang and wooyoung went down the stairs of the warehouse to the kitchen on the ground floor, not a word being spoken between them on the way. once they reached the kitchen, they saw hongjoong there, munching on some pancakes while scrolling through his phone.

wooyoung frowned at hongjoong's choice of food, "you know what, i'm not even going to judge you for your breakfast food. anyways, how are you, hyung?"

hongjoong lifted his head from his phone and smiled, "i'm good, thanks. how's everything going?"

"his parents aren't on the file. that's something odd." yeosang stated, sipping on his coffee. wooyoung saw it and sighed, "what did i just say about coffee?"

yeosang scoffed, "you were only talking to your little boyfriend back then. i don't apply, right?" 

wooyoung didn't even get a chance to respond because hongjoong beat him to it, "that's very strange. i've seen some files myself and even the slickest mafia gang couldn't get their parents off their files."

yeosang hummed, "so true. so if jimin ssi's parents aren't on the files, how are we supposed to make sure of our speculation?"

wooyoung sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter, "i didn't wanna do this. but i could ask taehyungie hyung and-"

"and i'm sorry for saying this, but what makes you think taehyung ssi would tell you that?" yeosang asked. wooyoung looked over at the boy and ducked his head, "you're right."

after a while, wooyoung and yeosang went back up to the upper floor and saw san overlooking a file. seonghwa was just leaning against the computer desk and grinning at san.

yeosang shook his head, "i thought we promised to give him that after we finish our work."

"you're treating me like a fucking puppy, yeosang. give me a break, this is interesting!" san argued, his attention going back to his own file. wooyoung shook his head a bit and went over to san, handing his iced tea over to him.

"so, i heard you two talking to joongie downstairs. what's our plan?" seonghwa said, thanking wooyoung as the youngest boy handed him his milk tea.

wooyoung shook his head, a firm 'no' was said through his actions, "it's a no go. we're at a dead end."

"do you mind sharing it before we all agree it's a no go?" seonghwa asked, clear irritation in his voice. he hated when people make decisions without him, especially important ones. call him bossy, but that's how he is.

wooyoung sighed, "we want to ask taehyungie hyung. but hongjoong hyung pointed out a good one: we don't know if taehyungie hyung would even tell us anything about jimin hyung."

everyone remained silence. everyone knew it was a dead end, like wooyoung said. there was no way they could ask taehyung things about jimin without seeming suspicious or weird. why would they ask things about jimin all of a sudden?

suddenly, san snapped his fingers, startling the three other boys in the room. san grinned smugly, "i'm such a genius. why don't i go ask taehyung ssi?"

yeosang snickered and rolled his eyes, "that's probably the stupidest idea i've ever heard."

san shook his head, "no, i'm dead serious. it may be stupid, but it could work! i could ask taehyung ssi about jimin ssi for the simple reason of being concerned for my boyfriend. i, as a good boyfriend, would want to get to know each of my boyfriend's friends better. wouldn't that make sense? come on, youngie, back me up on this!"

all three heads whipped towards wooyoung as he scratched the back of his nape quite nervously, "i mean, it could work. this method would work and he's the only one that could pull it off."

"how can we trust him to manage to persuade taehyungie hyung to spit out whatever jimin hyung's hiding?" seonghwa asked, crossing his arm in front of his chest and sipped from his milk tea quite rapidly; a nervous habit of seonghwa's.

wooyoung smiled and placed a hand on seonghwa's shoulder, "don't you worry, hyung. he's an expert in persuasion."