18 | Sick

I hurry to grab the thermometer to check her temperature but see Jannat sitting up in a hurry and running towards the washroom with her hand covering her mouth.

Leaving the cupboard open I rush behind her only to see her kneeling and throwing up, I do not waste a second to move towards her, pulling her hair behind I rub her back to smooth her.

My worry only increases seeing her in this condition.

She whines in disgust when she is finally done, I give her space to clean herself but I do not leave the bathroom.

Her legs trembles when she stands up, too weak to even wash herself. The trembling of fingers only worries me more, she wets half of her dress while rinsing  her mouth, brushing her teeth and washing her face.

"Jannat close the tap, your dress is getting wet" still with the tap open she looks up at me with a pout and nods before doing as I said but it was no use since she was already wet "I am sorry" she mumbles an apology while looking down at herself.

Her face looks paler than usual, she looks very weak,  and I don't know how many time she threw up and I am witnessing this only now.

Holding her by her shoulder I lead her towards the bed, when she lays down I cover her with the blanket, her eyes half opened not because she is feeling sleepy but because she is tired.

"Take some rest, I'll bring some medicine and food to eat, hm?" Gently running my hand through her hair I tell her but she shakes her head while holding my wrist "Only medicines" Raising my eyebrow I control the urge of glaring at her, I nod instead, didn't want to argue with this stubborn brat.

Taking pills with empty stomach? Yeah, like I would let her do that.

Pulling out a my thick hoodie, I made her sit up so she removes her wet clothes and wears the dry comfortable one. After pushing her hair back which is sticking on her neck and disturbing her, I went out so she wears my hoodie and to make soup for the girl whose worrying me with her pale face and weak voice.

When I walked in the kitchen, I find mama standing there boiling water, Green tea, I guess.

"Assalamu alaikum mama"  Picking up a pot I place it on the stove. "Goodness Zain!" I chuckle when she shirks, ignoring the way she is glaring at me for scaring her.

"You don't just come in like that without making any noise at so early in the morning!" She complains "Well I was walking with slippers, so it's you who wasn't paying attention to any noise" I point out the obvious while grabbing few vegetables I see in the fridge "this guy" I can feel her rolling her eyes behind my back.

"Your hungry?" She ask while sipping her tea "No" I answer with my eyes on the vegetables I choppiness it finely.

"No? Then why are you cooking soearly in the morning?"

"For jannat mama" a smile spreads on her lips and she nods "She is hungry?" I shake my head "She is sick" and her smile drops as fast as it came.

"Sick? Why didn't you call me?! What happened?" She starts being over dramatic like always, she has this bad habit of getting extremely worried when someone is sick.

"Mom don't worry she —"

"What happened tell me?" Yeah that was what I was trying to do "Not sure, she was throwing up a lot and —"

"Why the hell did you leave her alone when she is throwing up? ya allah this guy !" I continued doing my work not getting affected by her words since I know she blames others when her loved ones are sick.

"Mom she is sleeping Now I am gonna make her soup so she can take the pills" I calmly assure her but she quickly gulped her hot tea hissing quietly at how her tongue must've burned.