Cuddle buddy

JUGHEAD'S POV

I walked in the house after a long day from work. Usually my daughter, Ava, would run into my arms with Betty right behind her, but today no one was around. 

"Ava, Betty." I yelled.

As I got closer to the couch I heard Ava's little giggles. When I looked on the other side I saw her and my gorgeous wife hiding.

"What are you trouble makers doing?" I asked.

"We were hiding daddy!" Ava said jumping into my arms.

I put her on my shoulders before running around the living room. Her giggle got louder as I set her back on the ground.

"How was your day?" Betty asked.

"Same old same old. How about yours?" I asked.

"Good, I got some work done while Ava was down for a nap." Betty said.

"Do you have a lot of work to get done?" I asked.

"No I can finish that sometime this week. When she woke up she wanted to cuddle and watch something new on tv so we did just that." Betty said.

"Awe." I smiled.

Betty gave me a kiss before walking to the kitchen to finish making dinner. I sat on the couch to watch the evening news. Ava climbed up in my lap.

"Did you have a good day?" I asked.

"Yeah! Mama and me cuddled." Ava said.

"You are quite the snuggle buddy aren't you." I smiled.

"She always has been." Betty said from the kitchen.

Ava cuddled with me until dinner was ready. After dinner Betty went and helped Ava with her bath. While they were back there I cleaned up the kitchen and living room.

I could hear Betty and Ava giggling over something. They sounded so happy which made me happy. Ava was just like Betty. Firm in her ways, but the sweetest girl ever. It shocked me how much they were alike. They both slept the same way even, which was almost scary in a way.

Betty came out with a giggling Ava a couple minutes later.

"Thank you for cleaning everything up." Betty said.

"Of course, you've had a busy day." I said giving her a kiss.

"I love you." She smiled.

"I love you so much more!" I said.

"What about me?" Ava asked with a small pout.

"We both love you so much." Betty said.

I took Ava from her arms. She started moving around so I put her down. She ran over to her toys to finish playing for the night.

After awhile it was Ava's bedtime. I helped Betty get her in bed, then Betty read Ava a story. Once she was asleep we went to the living room to finish watching the movie that was on.

Once we finished it Betty looked over at me.

"I'm so tried, can we go ahead and go to sleep?" Betty asked.

"Of course baby." I said.

We shut off the house lights, then shut our bedroom door. We both changed, then laid in bed together. 

"Thank you for being an amazing husband and dad." Betty said looking right at me.

"Thank you for being an amazing wife and mom." I said.

Betty laid her lips on mine softly. She pulled away when she heard the door open.

"Ava?" I asked turning towards the door.

"I don't want to be alone." She whined.

I picked her up laying her in between me and Betty. We both wrapped our arms around her before we all fell asleep. I was just happy to be snuggled up with my cuddle buddies.

⬜⬛⬜

Just a short crappy story to post until I figure out how to write an amazing suggestion a wonderful friend gave me.

-Taylor❤