True Love's Kiss

Spoiler from the last episode of Season Five

Also, in this story Jughead wasn't in the garage. Pop's is still normal, and the only people affected from the bomb were Archie and Betty.

Veronica's Pov

I was sleeping when my phone started going off. It was Alice Cooper of all people.

"What do you want?" I asked sitting up beside Reggie in bed.

"Archie's house just got blown up by a bomb. I thought I should call you." Alice said in a panicked voice.

"Who else was in the house?" I asked.

"Betty, we can't find her." Alice said.

I could hear her start to cry.

"Alice I will be right there. Keep looking for her." I said.

I jumped out of bed leaving Reggie in bed alone as I struggled to get dressed quickly. After ten minutes I was at Elm Street. Police where everywhere. 

"Have they found Betty Cooper?" I asked a officer.

"Yes ma'am they have, she was just taken to the hospital." He said.

"What about Archie?" I asked.

"He is being rushed to the hospital as well, although he seems to already be gone." He said.

"Oh my gosh." I said before running back to my car.

On the way to the hospital, I called Jughead. I thought he deserved to know about Betty, about Archie. Who would tell him if I didn't? Him and Betty may not be together but let's be honest, he will always love her.

When I got to the hospital, I saw Jughead on his motorcycle.

"Thank you for calling me." Jughead said.

"Of course." I said as we walked into the hospital.

JUGHEAD'S POV

When I got the call from Veronica everything changed. I told Tabitha I had to go, I never told her why, I didn't know how to explain that I wasn't going just for Archie. I was going to see Betty. Something changed, I needed to see her. She was always there for me, every time I almost died, she was always there, I had to be there for her.

As me and Veronica walked in the hospital, we saw Alice and a couple other people around town waiting on there loved ones.

"Oh hey Jughead, wasn't expecting you. Archie didn't make it, I'm so sorry." Alice said.

"Thank you, umm how is Betty doing?" I asked.

"She is getting checked out now. She was passed out from the explosion but she woke up a couple minutes ago which is good news." Alice said.

"That's awesome." I said.

We sat down next to her but none of us talked to each other anymore. We watched Mary Andrews walk in following a doctor to a room I guessed Archie's lifeless body was resting there. She was sobbing as she passed us. I hated to admit it, but I couldn't think about Archie when I didn't know how Betty was.

Alice got to go see her a couple hours later. Veronica headed home knowing Betty was okay. I never did though. I stayed till the next day. Alice came out to go home around 10am.

"I'm headed home to get her some clothes. You can go see her." Alice said.

"Is she awake?" I asked.

"She was, but this morning she fell into a coma" Alice said.

I gave her a nod getting to my feet.

Alice left as a doctor led me to her room. Once the doctor left, I sat down beside her. She still looked gorgeous laying in a hospital bed with scratches covering her face.

"I'm so sorry Betty. I'm sorry for everything I guess." I said looking at her.

I didn't know if she could hear me, but I hoped she could. I wanted her to know that I was sorry for the voicemail, for the way I treated her.

"I know you cheated, but it was seven years ago, and I should have forgiven you. I was drunk the night of the voicemail. I never meant to hurt you that bad. I can't blame it on being drunk though. At the time I meant what I said. You hurt me but I never forgave you and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for treating you like I did when I saw you again. I'm sorry for the way I stopped texting you after the book release. I'm so sorry." I said.

I was crying by now, but I heard footsteps. I turned seeing Cheryl.

"Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." I said.

"I know it's not my business, and I don't know how it ended, but she has always loved you Jughead. You all left this town and thank goodness you did, but now you are all back, and I know you think I'm crazy, and maybe I am, but I watch things closely. Betty never belonged with Archie. She belonged with you. She belongs with you. I know your dating Tabitha but you don't look at her the way you looked at Betty. You would have done anything for that girl. I mean your hear, your the last person I thought I would see here today." Cheryl said.

"Veronica called me, and something just hit me. I needed to be here." I said.

"Betty and you are meant for each other, even if no one else agreed. What you guys had, that was true love." Cheryl said.

"If we were meant for each other than wouldn't we be together instead of her living with Archie and having a good chance at dying tonight." I said.

"No one said love makes sense. I'm just saying you and her belong to each other." Cheryl said.

She kissed Betty forehead before leaving. I held Betty's hand trying to wrap my head around what Cheryl had said. Trying to wrap my head around the last seven years.

I softly laid a kiss on Betty's lips. Then I sat back down. A couple minutes later her eyes open. She gave me a soft smile.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey." She whispered giving my hand a soft squeeze.

Sorry for the long wait, this year has started out crazy! Thank you, guys, for still reading!

-Taylor❤