Friends with some history

Third Person Pov

Betty and Jughead had been friends forever. They had always been close, until Betty got her first boyfriend in middle school. According to her friends Jughead was in love with her during that time, Betty just never saw it because she was in her own world being happy with another guy. Now a couple years later Jughead was happy, or at least acting like it, while Betty was in love.

"I heard Jughead and Ava are back together with each other." Kevin said as the friends walked into the school.

"Ugh, that makes it like their fourth time breaking up this month." Veronica said.

"It's only the middle of the month." Archie said.

"Guys, just leave them alone." Betty said.

She walked faster up the steps to the school. Veronica chasing after her. She finally got up to the blonde.

"I'm sorry, I know that topic is hard for you." Veronica said.

"It's not hard for me. I don't care about them." Betty said.

Her friends knew she loved him dearly, and seeing him with some girl who just hurt him really upset her.

"Well, my birthday party is happening at the club this weekend, and I'm inviting everyone, can I invite them or is that a big no?" Veronica asked.

"It's your party, invite them." Betty said.

Veronica gave her a nod. The two walked to their classes. Betty sat behind Jughead. Ava was beside her giving her a death glare. It happened every class. Jughead had said sorry for Ava, but it didn't help or change anything.

The whole day went on with Betty watching Jughead and Ava be the toxic couple they were. Jughead had turned a couple times to look at her but Betty kept her eyes on her desk. She didn't want him playing with her mind anymore then he already did.

That night Betty really wanted to text him, but by midnight he had never answered her other text from a couple days ago. He ignored her and she hated it, but it wasn't anything she could change. With Ava being in his life she would never win.

A COUPLE DAYS LATER (VERONICA'S PARTY)

BETTY'S POV

I woke up to my alarm on Saturday morning. Today was Veronica's party, which I was excited for don't get me wrong, but with Ava and Jughead being there. I don't know it just made me dread going.

Ava had already posted on Snapchat how excited she was for the party. She didn't even like Veronica, but as long as she could get some fame she was all for it. And being friends with the richest girl in school did get you some fame, even if you didn't want it.

I took a shower, then got dressed in a fancier top with some nice jeans. I matched some ankle boots with that. Once my hair and makeup was done I left the house going to the club that Veronica had rented out for the whole day.

As I walked in I saw Archie helped Veronica set up some food trays. Veronica wasn't helping as much as just taste testing.

"B!" She smiled walking over towards me.

"Happy birthday." I smiled softly.

"Thank you! Follow me, I want to show you my favorite part of this whole place." She grinned.

I laid my present for her on the table before following her back behind the small karaoke stage. There I saw a whole photo booth. 

"Make sure to remind me to get photo's with my best girl, and try your hardest to get photo's with Jughead, please." Veronica said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, you guys are still friends aren't you?" Veronica asked.

"If you were to ask him about me he wouldn't even remember my name." I said.

"You grew up together, you are friends rather he likes it or not. His dumb girlfriend can't ruin that." Veronica said.

"I guess." I said softly.

She led me back out to the front. I helped her and Archie finish setting everything up. After an hour though people started walking through the door. The whole school was coming meaning I lost both my best friends today, they would be busy with other people. And Kevin had to go to a party 2 hours away. It was something for his dad. So that left me alone and sad when I watched Jughead come through the door holding Ava's hand. He gave me a soft smile before laying his present down. Then him and Ava went to get food.

I sat down at one of the couch's. After awhile I watched Jughead and Ava get on the dance floor dancing with everyone else. Everyone around me looked so in love and happy. I wanted that more than anything, but I guess being alone caused you to watch more happy couples. And that's what led me to watching Ava started getting hateful with Jughead. She threw her hands up before walking out of the club. He looked around, his eyes looking at me. Then he walked over to me sitting down beside me on the big couch.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi." I said.

"Why aren't you out there living your life with your friends?" He asked.

"Because I don't have real friends when they are around other people." I said.

"Come on." He said getting up.

He streched out his hand, I took it following him to the dance floor. As if on cue our song we had called out song since we were little came on. We both gave each other a big smile, then started dancing with each other. Veronica started cheering for us making everyone clear the floor. We had made a dance to the song and somehow remembered it.

"Ready for the big turn?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

The part in the song came up. He turned me then lifted me up in the air making everyone cheer. When he put me down he gave me a hug since the dance was over. Everyone around us was clapping.

"I missed that." He said.

"I missed that too." I smiled.

In front of everyone he gave me a big kiss. Everyone gasping making me giggle as we pulled away.

"Are you and Ava done?" I asked.

"We have been for awhile, she just kept trying because we didn't want to be alone." He said.

"Okay." I smiled.

And that's how our friendship became a little more than just history.

Thank you all for supporting me! You guys are amazing!

-Taylor❤