I missed you

This is after the time jump, but Betty and Jughead haven't talked at all since they both got back to Riverdale.

JUGHEAD'S POV

Tonight Tabitha had me working a longer night. I needed the money so I wasn't complaining. Plus maybe working would get my mind off these crazy things that keep happening to just me in Riverdale. It's not like anyone believes me.

I walked out from the kitchen seeing an almost empty diner. But there was a blonde sitting in a booth near the back. She had her head in her hands. Her body was shaking. I dated that blonde for four years. I knew her better than anyone.

"Betty." I said softly walking towards her. 

She raised her head trying to wipe her tears away. But her mascara showed how much she had truly been crying. I sat across from her trying to give her some space since we weren't together, but not enough space to push me away.

"What's wrong, what happened?" I asked.

"Everything is wrong. One thing goes right and then a hundred things go wrong! It's like a never ending cycle Jug!" She cried.

I hadn't heard Jug from her mouth in seven years. I really missed her voice.

"Betty, what went wrong?" I asked.

"Have you heard about Polly being missing?" She asked.

"No one told me, but I saw a couple missing signs in town. I've been keeping my eye out for her." I said.

"Jug, she's been missing for weeks and I think she's gone forever. Whoever, whatever happened I don't think she's coming back." Betty cried.

"Why do you think she isn't coming back?" I asked.

"She would have come home if she wasn't kidnapped or something, she has kids waiting for her to come home! She has a drunk mom who just wants to see her daughters face again. I want to see my sister even if she hates me! She would come home if she could, meaning she's been taken." Betty said.

"Are you the only one out their looking for her?" I asked.

"I mean my mom has helped me a couple times, and Kevin did too. But everyone is giving up, and I'm finally seeing why." Betty said.

"Let me help you. Where have you guys been looking?" I asked.

"We looked in the woods because we keep finding bodies there, but I've been solo looking at the lonely highway. She was seen with a truckdriver last." Betty said wiping her tears away.

"Then let me close Pop's just for a couple hours. We can go look around the highway, and tomorrow when we are done being teachers for the day, we can go look again." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I don't think Polly is gone yet. I think someone has her." I said.

Betty gave me a small smile. I got up, her right behind me. Before I went to close Pop's I turned around to look at her.

"You can always talk to me alright?" I asked.

"Alright." She said softly.

I wiped away a couple more tears with my thumb before locking the place up. Then we both walked out to the parking lot.

"Did you drive here?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said pointing to her car.

"We are taking my bike tonight. It will be faster." I said.