Chapter 2

I rushed to the bathroom. Tears went down my face faster than a waterfall. However the water wasn't clear with warm bubbles in it, it was covered with mascara. Maddie's tears would probably be such a beauty on her caramel skin, her tears would probably be clear. She doesn't have to wear makeup to be pretty. No wonder he likes her.

"You need help?" Maddie tapped my shoulder. 

"Oh uhm... I'm fine!" I responded to her soft voice.

"Well you don't look alright, come here we'll fix you up!" Maddie grabbed something in her tiny purse. 

Maddie took out makeup wipes and helped me take off all the mascara of my dirty face with pores you could see from far away. She handed me her expensive mascara that I always wanted to buy. How could I hate such an angel?

We walked back into class, Christopher's honey eyes looked into mine for the first time in forever I felt warm inside again. The class ended with a smile on my face and a new wish, attending that party and showing Christopher that I'm worthy of him. 

I almost ran home to get ready, I wanted to fix everything I hate about myself. For one night I could be a pageant princess, a prom queen or whoever I wanted to be! I didn't have to worry about being quiet me, I could actually talk to people! 

11:00 pm quickly rolled around, now I just have to find a way to sneak out so I could get to the party. Thankfully it was easy since my room is on the first floor. I jumped out of my window, probably flashing the entire neighborhood. 

I saw Audrey's pink jeep and got in. I sat next to Christopher in the backseat. Elaine sat on his other side and smellt like alcohol and cheap perfume. That way thankfully Christopher leaned in to me. I felt his arm against mine. 

The whole car ride was me looking out of the window with Elaine and Audrey singing loud to every song on the radio while Christopher looked annoyed. The houses became bigger and bigger until we passed up to a white house with a large fence and a porche in the driveway. 

"Looks like we're here" Audrey opened her door. 

There were teenagers already completely drunk outside the house. The first thing I could smell was the STRONG alcohol smell throughout the house. People lying on the floors, people making out, people puking. I sat down on the leather couch next to two people making out. 

I didn't want to drink anything actually. I didn't expect the party to be like this. Hours passed by and the clock was already 1 am and I hadn't had any fun expect for the suck and blow game. No one noticed that I was the freak and just treated me like a normal human for the first time.

No one was pleasant to be around anymore and I didn't see Christopher so I headed out to the trampoline. I started jumping on it out of anger how the night turned out. Out of anger that Christopher didn't notice me.

"Hi." Someone said to me.

I looked behind me and noticed that it was Christopher! He got on the trampoline and started jumping with me underneath the moon. After a few minutes we both got tired and layed on it. 

"Do you not remember me at all?" I mumbled.

"Like was I just a summer fling or something serious. I don't understand you." I argued.

"Of course I remember you, Daisy. I like you." He responded.

"No you don't, you fancy Maddie."

"Come on Daisy! I barely know her!"

"You like me but you really love Maddie!" I said before running the fastest I could home. 

I never wanted to go to school again! Not after this. At the same time, I love everything he does, 

Saturday morning, the 28th of August. Mom made me a big breakfast, the doctor recommended her to. She never makes food for me anymore, she's too busy with her perfect marriage and perfect life without me. I throw the breakfast in the outdoor trash before making my way to my favorite place in my neighborhood. The park.

The park is where cherry blossoms bloom in the springs, and where you can watch the sunrise in the summers. I like sitting in this spot, right where the sun shines down on you. No shadow or anything just pure sun. I laid down in the grass with my eyes closed. I hear the neighborhood kids playing in the park. I wish my life was that easy.

At first I didn't realize that i was getting bad. Until my skin started being paler even if it wasn't winter. Until I got dizzy when I stood up even if I wasn't sick. Until I was always cold even if the sun was shining. Until I couldn't sleep at night even if I was tired. Until food became numbers although I wasn't good at math. Until I couldn't go a day without weighing myself even if I knew I hadn't gained weight. That's when I knew that I wasn't a little girl anymore.