Chapter 9

Christopher POV

"We need groceries, can you go and get some? You know this place way better than I do." Daisy asked with a smile on her face.

"Do you want to come with?"

"No thanks." She mumbled. Daisy went and laid on the soft couch, her eyes looked red and exhausted like she hadn't slept for days, her hair wasn't brushed.

I tied my shoelaces and grabbed my jacket from the clothes hanger. I walked out of the house and instantly felt the breeze. It was getting cold. I started the car and drove into town. Christmas lights were already out, and a smell of cinnamon was throughout the air. 

People were already buying christmas presents for their loved ones. I wonder what Daisy wants, maybe a tiffanys necklace? My sister always gets those. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I couldn't believe who I saw.

"Don't think that I haven't forgotten about you, bunny." the lady with the fur coat said. 

"Kelsey? What are-How did you find me?" I whispered.

She chuckled before answering.

"I have been following you this entire time. You can never get rid of me. I'm going to tell everyone what you did to me!" she said before she went into her car and drove away.

When I came home with the groceries, Daisy was asleep in the couch like I expected. We had been traveling for such a long time, I can't blame her. I don't know how to break it to her that we might have to continue if Kelsey doesn't stop.

I grabbed a blanket to put on Daisy. It's so cold, she must've been freezing like that. I checked my phone to check what the news were saying about me and Daisy. It was still a hot topic, and people were searching the entire town for us. I wonder if they have realized that we left the town a long time ago. 

I came across an interview with Daisy's parents. I wondered what they said about us so I put it on. They had tears in their eyes and struggled to talk. 

"Daisy has never done anything like this. She wouldn't even think about leaving town- he must have kidnapped her!" her mom said.

Kidnapped? Is that what her parents think of me? A bad influence that Daisy should stay away from? I think I need to give them a call. I took Daisy's phone and found their number rather quick. 25 missed calls today from them, wow they must care.

I impulsive pressed the call button and they answered right away.

"Daisy? Is that you for real?" they cheered.

"No it's Christopher. I didn't kidnap you daughter! We're safe and we want to be left alone!" I shouted. 

"Leave her alone! She doesn't want to be with you. Tell her to come home, she's happy here." they blurted out. 

"She does want to be with me! She said yes when I asked her to marry me." I shouted so loud that Daisy woke up. 

She had a confused look on her face and looked over my shoulder to see who I was talking to.

"Is that my parents?" 

"Daisy! You're alright! Come home Daisy, we're waiting for you here!" 

Daisy's POV

I can't believe that Christopher called my parents behind my back. I quickly pressed end call and ran upstairs. I didn't want to talk to them at all, and he ruined that for me. I thought that he wanted it to be us two alone. Not my parents involved.

I locked myself into the bathroom and sat on the floor. Christopher's footsteps came outside the door. My eyes started tearing up like the waterfalls me and Christopher used to swim in. The room was starting to spin around and it was getting harder to breath.

"Daisy! Come out, I can explain."

My vision was getting more and more blurry and I couldn't talk. It didn't matter how much I wanted to.

"Help! I can't-" I choked on my words.

I heard a key opening the door before my eyes were getting too heavy to hold open. I heard a scream before not being able to feel my body. The next thing I know I was in a hospital bed, Christopher on my right and a nurse on my left.

"Is she alright?" He trembled on his words and bit his lips, I could tell that he had been crying. 

"Yes she's fine! She was just having a panic attack and she fainted because stress is not good for pregnancy.

Pregnancy? I'm pregnant?