Chapter 8

"You're a great dancer!" he says as we dance the night away. 

The moonlight reflects in his crystal blue eyes, it feels like hours has passed but I could stay here forever. The music stops but we continue dancing until Christopher stops and gets on his knees. He takes out a small velvet box out of his pocket. All the eyes are on us.

"Will you marry me Daisy?"

"We're only 17!" I chuckle

"I know that you're the right person for me."

"Yes I do want to marry you." I answer. 

He puts the heavy diamond ring on my finger and kisses me on my lips.  Everyone in the restaurang clap their hands and cheer for us. I didn't expect this to happen at all, less than a year ago we wouldn't even recognize each other and now we're on the other side of the world in Paris, getting married.

It feels like yesterday the day we met again. It was an afternoon in June. I was out with my bike getting groceries for my mother. I was going to ride up the stone bridge and there he stood. His rosy cheeks and dark messy hair made my heart melt. He asked for my name when I passed by him, and he smiled when he heard my name. 

He had just came home from a year long trip to Australia and he was admiring the pretty view of the open field with trees and houses surrounding it. He asked me for my phone to put his number in and he saw my last name. He recognized the name as his childhood best friend. 

And that one afternoon changed two young teenagers entire lives. The one afternoon when the sun was setting, we met again by destiny. I always knew the love of my life would find me eventually. I just didn't know that it would be this early. 

"What are we going to do now, Daisy?" Christopher wakes me up from my thoughts.

"We're staying in Paris forever right? We can't continue living in hotels like a vacation, we need to find jobs, an apartment." 

"We can always stay in my parents hoilday house? I have the keys, but it's a few hours away with train." 

"Your parents has a hoilday house in France? That makes things so much easier. Let's go there now." I take his hand. 

We walk to the empty train station, and purchase two tickets. We haven't even been in Paris for 5 hours and now we're continuing our adventure. It feels like a dead town, well it is 11 in the evening so perhaps that's why. 

I feel my eyes getting heavy and I fall asleep on Christopher's shoulder. He wakes me up from my nap and we're here. In a completely different city. He takes my hand and we exit the train. Street lights are the only thing awake at this hour. Christopher knocks on a taxi window and we jump in the taxi. 

"I think you'll like the house Daisy. We can decorate it of course if you want."

"What if your parents come to the house and find us? Will they get mad?" 

"No they won't come to the house. We haven't been in France for a while. It used to be our vacation spot before my dad's job took over." 

"But what if they do? You took a large amount of money and-"

"Look, there it is!" he points out of the window.

The house was even nicer than I had imagined. A pastel yellow car was parked in the driveway. Palms tree surronded the white modern house. How could someone afford a house this nice along with another house? Christopher unlocks the door for me and we walk inside.

"This is so much space for just the two of us!" 

"Yeah I know, this house has 5 bedrooms because of all of my siblings."

He guides me to the master bedroom, it's the nicest room I have ever seen. Even nicer than Christopher's room. I put my suitcase on the floor and unpack everything into the walk in closet. His mom had left stuff there, I wonder if Christopher would be okay with me borrowing those. 

When I'm done unpacking I notice Christopher already asleep on the bed, I put on my night gown and go to sleep as well. Tomorrow is going to be a long day...

The sunshine wakes me up, Christopher has already gone somewhere. I could get lost in this house, it's way bigger. A smell of pancakes fills the air, did Christopher cook for me? I walk down the long stairs, and see him cooking in the kitchen. 

"Good morning, I didn't want to wake you up. Sit down." a smile is across his face

"You didn't need to cook for me." I assure him. 

I sit down in th light wood chair. On the table there's a bouquet of lavenders. He takes two plates out and puts them on the oddly clean table. This whole house makes me feel dirty, it just looks so clean. The smell of lavenders flys through the air. 

He sits right across from me. His eyes look tired and his hair is a perfect mess. He picks on his plate and waits for me to start eating. When I start eating, he finishes his entire plate in minutes before grabbing a second serving.

"I'm glad that you're here with me." he says with his mouth filled with food.

I'm happy that I'm here too. I never thought that this would be how my life turned out. That leaving home would fill all of my voids, and that I could feel this happy with someone. I didn't know that two people being completely alone and not feeling lonely was possible.                  Before we went here, my life was just filled by counting calories, restricting my body. Now I can enjoy food and enjoy a filled stomach without feeling gulity about it.