Chapter 4

The car passed by a bridge with flowers surronding it. I couldn't myself but drift away back to the summer. Me and Christopher used to walk past a dark wood colored bridge to get to our usual morning picnic. The bridge was old and had holes in it but somehow remained beautifully with the white lilys and white roses around. The area was unkept, it was like a secret hideout almost. He found it while hiking in the nearby woods.

The bridge we passed by wasn't unkept at all. It had no flowers and was a boring gray color. I suppose cities focus on being modern rather than keeping the old design. 

"You're back Daisy!" My mom woke me up from my thoughts.

"Someone left you a note, a handsome young male actually." She handed me the note.

I walked up the freshly painted white stairs, up to my bedroom. I ripped apart the envelope, inside of it was a hand written note in cursive. At first it looked messy and fast made but looking more at it made me believe that it took a while to write.

Dear Daisy 

I was going to send you a quick message but you have blocked me everywhere and I didn't know what to do so I decided to do it your way. I'm so sorry for messing everything up between us, I didn't mean to harm you at all. In fact I wanted the best for you. Meet me by the lake with the horses at 6 pm, I have a surprise. 

Love, Christopher

I glanced at the clock, it was already 5:45 pm! I had to get there quickly. I rushed down the stairs and ran to my bike. I didn't want to be late, it wouldn't be polite. The grass made the bike ride hard, thanks to my luck someone had already made a path for me. 

At first I didn't see anyone there, but then I looked to my right. There he was feeding a while horse with a shiny apple. I stood and looked at him for a moment until he noticed me. 

"I thought you wouldn't come!" He smiled at me.

"Of course I would!" I walked to the lake and sat on the grass right by it.

He sat down next to me. It felt like a breath of air to be with him again. I was so happy to see him, it felt like summer again. He grabbed a silver bracelet from out of his backpack.

"This is for you, I hope you like it!" He handed me the bracelet.

It had the date we met written on it and our names. I could tell that it was real sliver by the weight of it. He must have gotten it custom made. On his wrist he wore the same bracelet. Love is frustrating sometimes because I am still yours. I am yours even after all the pain you caused, all the scars you left, and all the times you put me last. I am yours forever but I'm afraid that you'll never change. 

"I love it, thank you." 

Can a sparkly bracelet really make me forgive you? I guess I will never know. Maybe if people loved my childhood self. Maybe if people spoke to the quiet girl in the back of class in middle school. Maybe if you were someone different, l wouldn't forgive you. 

I laid my head on his warm shoulder and for once, the sun came back. He's my yellow. 

I woke up in my empty warm bed, what a day yesterday was. Anyways it's time to go back to my lunchbox friends at school. I put my head into a long ponytail and wore my oversized hoodie. In the kitchen my mom sat and drank her morning coffee. 

"Oh hey, do you want me to drive you to school" she said with her morning breath.

"No thanks, I'm walking." I said as I opened the front door.

I always walk alone. Most of my friends don't live nearby, at least nearby enough to make an effort to make me feel included. It's alright though, I like hearing the birds sing their favorite songs in the mornings and feeling the cold breeze on my shoulders. 

"You're late, Daisy."

"I know, I'm so sorry." I sat down next to Christopher. 

He looked at my empty hands and handed me a pencil. A sigh came from the right side of the room. It was Michelle. She sat alone, hiding her face in her large hoodie. Something must have happened to her. Maddie never sat alone. 

"Do you know what happened to Michelle?" I whispered to Christopher

He took a quick look at her and started shaking his head.

I walked into the full cafeteria, I looked around for my friends and saw Michelle sitting alone again. People had taken chairs from her table and put them at theirs. Nobody wanted to sit with her. I walked towards her until my friends started screaming at me to come to their table. Christopher had told them everything about yesterday. So did you guys like kiss? How romantic was it? Are you together? were questions I got multiple times.

"Do you guys know what happened to Michelle, she's all by herself." I asked.

"You don't know?" They laughed.

"Her parents lost their business! They're dirt poor right now!" Audrey said.

"What does that have to do with her?" I asked.

They all laughed at me and continued eating their food. Was Michelle's wealth really that important to her popularity? She still had a personality right? I guess people aren't talking to her in the fear of being judged. Michelle bullied me in middle school, could this be her karma?

Michelle was truly a monster but I still felt bad for her deep down inside. There was nothing my middle school self wanted more than being friends with Michelle. There is nothing my current self wants more than hate Michelle.