Chapter 23

"Happy 4th birthday, Lavender!" We cheered as she blew out the four candles on her birthday cake. Surrounding the table was my parents, his parents, Audrey and her fiance, Madison, Kelsey, Kelsey's son and Sydney. 

Lavender wore a pink princess floofy dress with a crown on her head. Her hair was done up in two pigtails. She always wanted to be the center of attention at every event, and she was for the most part. 

"Can we open presents noww?" she begged while giving me her puppy eyes and a pout on her face, I just couldn't say no. 

"Aren't we going to eat cake first? You just blew out your candles" she shook her head just like her father and took my hand to lead me to the presents. She sat down on the couch next to the presents and everyone surronded her again. 

"Open mine first!" Audrey handed her a huge present, it was nearly as big as Lavender. Lavender excitely teared the wrapping paper apart to get to her gift. It was a  barbie dreamhouse along with a barbie family. 

"My turn, I saw you eyeing this thing at the toy store last week." Kelsey handed her another present. Lavender tore this wrapping paper apart even quicker, inside it was a science kit. Her eyes lit up when she saw it. It was like she had discovered the meaning of life. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she yelled from the top of her lungs and she gave Kelsey a big hug. I could tell that Audrey was jealous of her reaction by the way she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms while fake smiling. 

"So what's happening next week for you two, going on another trip?" Madison asked in the hallway of our new house. She was the last one left at the birthday party. 

"Yeah how did you know? We're going to Australia for two weeks on a family vacation!" I chuckled. She smiled and looked into my eyes. 

"I wish I could afford going on vacations like once a month! You guys really are lucky, you just moved into to a house with a pool in california of all places, that's mad expensive!" she put her fingers through her hair. Lavender came into the hallway and gave Madison a big goodbye hug before Madison left.

"Can you play with me upstairs? Daddy has to work again." she begged. I truly feel bad for her sometimes, after Christopher took over his parents business he has been working all the time even when we're on vacation. I took Lavender's hand and went upstairs to her playroom. 

"What do you want to play, Lav?" I sat down on the floor next to her. She rushed to take out her science kit. She handed me the packet to open it, inside there was a bunch of experiements you could do. 

Milo ran into the room and stole the attention of Lavender. He started barking out of happiness and licked Lavender's face until she told him to stop. Lavender loved her dog Milo. 

"Milo! Let's go and play in the garden!" she giggled while petting him on his fluffy back. She dropped her science kit and ran to get Milo a ball and they both rushed down the stairs. I decided to check what Christopher was doing. I knocked on his office door.

"Come in!" I entered the door. He put his arms around my waist and kissed me softly on my lips. His office was truly a mess, he wouldn't let any housekeepers enter his office. It was filled with important papers that no one expect him was allowed to touch, some which were on the floor. 

"Where's Lavender? I want to put her to bed today, I haven't been able to in a long time." I pointed down the stairs and we went and got her. Christopher carried her up to his shoulders while she giggled. They went into her bedroom and he tucked her into her blanket. He then read her favorite book out loud until she fell asleep. He kissed her on her forehead. 

"You always have it so easy with her. It takes hours for her to even get in bed when I do it." I am jealous of their relationship. She listens to everything he says while she does the opposite with me. She looks up to him as a role model. Christopher took a strand of my head and put it behind my ears.

"You're the best mother in the world, don't ever doubt that." he said while looking into my eyes. I always get lost in those eyes of his, they're so capitating. 

"Let's have a movie night, order in some pizza. Just like when we were younger." he begged. The last time we had a movie night was when Lavender was at my parents house for the weekend. It feels like yesterday but it was weeks ago. 

"Like when you threw up in France because we ordered take in everyday?" I teased him, he chuckled and took me to the living room. He made me lie down on the couch while he ordered pizza and got fluffy blankets. I truly love this man.