Chapter 3

I forgot about time while laying in the sun. It felt nice to breathe in the fresh air. My phone had been spammed by messages from... well him. I hope he's worried about me and can't stop thinking about me. Is that selfish to think?

"Daisy! Is that you Daisy?" Someone shouted

I take off my rose colored glasses and come back to the real world. Standing next to me is Audrey's mom. I make my way up while remaining eye contact.

"Oh wow, it's so nice to see you guys." I said.

"I'm happy that you're back, you look so much healthier." Audrey's mom responded.

"Well I best be going! Goodbye!" She continued.

I look so much healthier? I know myself that I don't. I look the exact same, nothing has changed with me not even my mindset. The clinic did no good for me. I start walking out of the park. I walk past a huge group of friend, I wish I had that. Well I do have friends but they're not really friends. They care about me but they will never understand. 

The group laughs and giggles make me distracted by my thoughts. I have never seen those people here, perhaps they're from a different neighborhood. Hm. My mom stood in the front garden watering the plants that she grew when I was gone. She tells me that they help her cope. I don't understand how but I guess it's better than being sad. I waved as I walked in.

I put my headphones on and my vision from the summer comes back...

We satt in the blooming field outside of the city. I had been there once before with my father before he passed away. The sky blue sky matched our blanket that we sat together on. The picnic basket that I brought was a gift from my aunt. It had all of my old favorite treats, everything from freshly baked chocolate chip cookies to homemade lemonade. He had brought his record player with his favorite tunes. 

The clouds looked down at us as we danced the sun away. 

"Can I come in?" My mom knocked.

She made her way in. 

"It's almost time to go to the clinic, get ready. Your step father is driving you." She yawned.

I nodded my head to make her go away. I take the rocks that I keep underneath my bed and stuff them into my dress. I couldn't put them in my pockets anymore, they always check them. I walk to the new bought car. I always sit in the front seat. 

We didn't make any conversation in the car, he would always try before but not anymore. He knew that I didn't like him. We drove past a horse field, when I was younger I actually was very into horses. The white fences looked easy for the horses to jump over, I wonder if they ever run away?

"Hi Vanessa! It's my last day here." I said at check in. 

I felt her eyes look me up and down with a blank look on her face as she typed on her computer. 

"They're coming soon. Wait here." she mumbled.

Next to me sat a tall slim girl. I had never seen her before, perhaps it was her first day there. The sun hit my shoulder and I was back in my deep thoughts. 

He didn't read much books but yet we were standing here. Outside of the towns bookstore. I convinced him to go with me, I told him that it wasn't like regular book stores. He glaced at the green door matching the green sign. We walked inside. 

"Fantasy" a tanned sign said. I took his hand and took him over there. I told him how it's my favorite section because you get to dream away when you read the book. He took a chair in dark wood and sat down as I stood on my tiptoes to reach my favorites. I quickly flip through the pages to page 32 my favorite. 

"As their eyes met their smiles grew bigger. Their eyes became brighter. Their hearts started to beat full of love. As their eyes met their glace quickly lost their smiles turned to frowns. Their eyes became darer. Their hearts became to beat full of anger and disgust. They were once forever but now their strangers with memories." 

"Daisy Bell?" 

That's me. I walked into the almost empty and quiet room. I stepped on to the stone colored scale. 2,5 kgs up this week, that's enough for me to get out finally. The rocks method worked. What would the world be without internet to your help?