Chapter 17

"This is all your fault!" I yell at Christopher with tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. He walks over to me but instead of saying something he just puts his arms around me, forcing me into a hug with him. 

"I didn't know that he would react like that." he let me cry on his shoulder, probably ruining his white shirt with my mascara. But no, he didn't care. Maybe this was destiny. Maybe we were meant to be together. 

I'm tired of grieving you as if you were dead so I could live with the fact that a stranger took over your body. Most of the time I hardly recognize you anymore and continue living in our memories pretending that you haven't changed. But for once I feel the old you in my arms. The same Christopher that took me to paris stood here in my bedroom. 

"What is going on in here?" My mom opened the door, she probably had seen Aaron leave the house in frustration and tears. Her jaw almost dropped to the floor as she saw Christopher hugging me. 

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Christopher." he stopped hugging me and started walking toward my mom to shake her soft hands. He held out his hand but she quickly turned him down. She was standing right infront of the guy that she accused of kidnapping me. Her biggest enemy. Her shoulders were sharp and tense. 

"I know who you are. Why are you in my daughters room?" she started picking and biting on her nails intensely. Christopher took the engagement ring of  his finger and laid it down in her hand. Her eyes widened and her face went pale. 

"I'm sorry about the past, can I please make it up to you? I want to be apart of Daisy's and our daughters life" he begged while running his fingers through his messy hair. My mom rested her chin on her hand while looking at the celling, I could tell that she was thinking a lot about this. 

"Well..." she rubbed her eyes. She let out a slow yawn before continuing her sentence. 

"What about your parents?" she shrugged her shoulders. We all knew that they weren't going to be happy about the situation. Christopher turned his head to look at me and then looked back at my mom. He hadn't thought about this at all. 

"I will convince them!" he exclaimed. This is a pure example of easier to think that to do. His parents were strict with their expectations, he didn't follow them at all. He wasn't a honors student who was getting acceptance notes from Harvard and Yale, he wasn't on the school's football team as the quaterback winning all their games. No he wasn't like that at all.

"I don't think it will be that easy, Christopher." I rubbed my neck and looked into his ocean eyes. They're the first thing you notice about him. The second thing is probably his ocean like smell, he is the ocean.  He rolled his eyes and looked deep into nothing to find another answer. 

"It doesn't hurt to try. Try to call them." My mom shrugged her shoulders. Christopher took out his phone from his pocket and typed in his mother's number. He put the phone to his ear and took a deep breath. Where are you? I heard a loud voice say from the phone.

Christopher:  Hi mom, sorry for not telling you where I went.  I'm at Daisy's house. 

Christopher's mom: Daisy's house? Are you out of your mind, son. That's not acceptable. 

Christopher: I want to be apart of her life and the baby's.

Christopher's mom: You're a disgrace to this family! We didn't work for generations to end up like that, you're coming home whether you like it or not!

Christopher: Then I don't want to be apart of this family if you can't accept someone just because of their status. She didn't do anything wrong.

Christopher's mom: Don't come alright, stay with your little girlfriend. You won't survive there for a week!

Christopher hung up the phone. I knew that his mother was cruel, but that evil? I had no idea. She sounded like the vilian from a disney movie, the evil stepmother expect that she's his real mother. How could you talk like that to your son? Christopher didn't seem bother with it though. He had a blank face on his face, perhaps he was trying to hide the fact that he was hurt by her awful words. 

"You can stay with us if you want!" my mom said to break the silence that had flooded the room. Christmas break was only a week away, did mom want Christopher to spend christmas with us? Christopher nodded his head, he was usually quite pretty bubbly but not tonight. Not this cold night in the middle of December.