Chapter 11

When we had arrived home and drove to our house I noticed that Christopher's house was crowded with people recording. I guess our runaway story had gone viral or something. My parents looked pleased with themselves like they saved me from some terrible monster. My step dad carried my bags into our house and my mom had her arm around me. 

"We're so glad that you're home." she smiled. 

I know that my mom wanted the best for me but this really isn't that. I walked up to my bedroom and scrolled across all the news articles about me. "Missing girl now found in Paris! Parents are bringing her home tomorrow." was the headline of the most popular newspaper yesterday.

Someone knocked on my door, it was my mom again. In her hands was a cake with the words "Welcome home Daisy" written across it. I knew that it was from the bakery.

"Look what the baker brought for you. Everyone are celebrating that you're home." she wore the dress that she got from my dad before he passed away. The dress is covered in lace details, and she only wears it on special days.

"What is going to happen to Christopher?" I asked while walked down the stairs to the dining room.

"That's none of your business, I know that you loved him but he's not good for you." She stopped walking and looked directly into my eyes. 

Down in the dining room there was multiple people. First Elizabeth, her husband and her kids, my mom's friend since forever, my step dad and lastly Audrey and her parents. They all followed me with their eyes. I sat down in the chair between Audrey and my mom.

"Are you happy to be home? Are you excited about the interview tomor-" Audrey exclaimed with her mouth stuffed with food.

The mom tapped on the shoulder making her stop talking. She widen the eyes and shook her head at Audrey's words. Audrey looked down into the ground, I could tell she regretted what she said. She looked a bit different than usual. Her hair that always was in a  picture perfect ponytail was now wild and laying on her shoulders.

My mom reached for the cake and started cutting it up for everyone. She cut the biggest slice for me and placed on my empty plate. The cake was made out of chocolate and had nutella filling on the inside. My favorite. Audrey had already stuffed her face with an entire plate of food that my mom made. I glaced up to the celling and couldn't help myself but drift away to happier times

The fancy restaurant me and Christopher visited in france.

The sky was a sunset pink shade, the same shade of the mid length dress I was wearing. We sat at a table for two in the crowded restaurant. The black thin railing led to the ocean filled with small waves. There was people surfing on them, mostly beginners though. We would laugh everytime one of them fell down. His smile could light up the entire city for sure. His pearl white teeth and everything. 

After we had eaten we went down to the beach by the restaurant and just watched the sun set. I didn't care about the fact that my hair got covered in sand when I laid down. 
He saw me as beautiful no matter what got stuck in my hair. 

I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the empty ghost of you Christopher. Take me back to the better times. 

"I'm sorry about Christopher." Audrey's mom said waking me up from my thoughts. 

"I miss him." I looked into her comforting puppy dog eyes. 

My step dad raised his eyebrows and shrug his shoulders. He had a pout on his face.

"That boy is no good." he walked away from the dining table and slammed the door behind him. 

My mom of course followed him like a duckling following it's mother. She always does, she never has her own opinions. They don't even know Christopher. I took my first bite of the cake, yum. It tasted like a chocolatey dream. 

Audrey and her mom looked at each other. They didn't know what to say or do next. Elizabeth went into the living room to talk to them. 

"Maybe you could date my son. He's pretty handsome." Elizabeth's husband said chuckling, wrong timing John. 

His son who sat next to him brushed his hand against his neck. His face was fully red from embarrasement. I had never met him before, he went to the other high school in our town. He was pretty attractive. Maybe I should. 

"Maybe you're right, John."

The entire room went completely quiet, everyone's eyes were on me once again. I took another bite of the cake to make the silence less awkward. I then went up to his son and grabbed him by the arm and took him up to my room. Audrey of course ran after us laughing.