Chapter 24

"Look at all the koalas, mommy!" Lavender pointed around her. Her golden hair sparkled in the bright sun. The koalas sat in different trees and looked down at us. They held on to their trees for dear life.

"I think they're scared of us, Lavender." I told her. She looked at the koalas and then looked back at me. I could tell that she didn't understand why. She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side with a cheeky pout on her face. 

"Why are they scared?" she shrugged her shoulders. I lifted her up to my shoulders so she could see them closer. The koalas looked scared and were totally still. I could tell they weren't used to humans being that close. 

Christopher took up his camera and pointed it towards me and Lavender. Lavender posed for the camera by putting her hands up and showing her showstopping smile. The camera flash made the koalas go to another tree. 

"Let's go back to the car and drive back to the hotel." Christopher let him camera hanging off his neck while we headed back to the car. We started driving and Lavender kept looking back at the koalas. She seemed a bit disappointed that we weren't able to get too close.

"It's so warm in here!" Lavender whined in her bitter tone. She rolled the window down so her hair flew all around the car like a dog looking out of a window with it's tounge sticking out. 

"I know. We're almost at the hotel, you can swim when we get there." I replied to calm her down from throwing a tantrum. She sighed in irritation while she hung her head down. 

"I know what we can do! We can put on your favorite song!" Christopher said to calm her down even more. He put on her favorite song that we both hated. It's such a kid song with the words repeating themselves over and over. Lavender sang along to the terrible song, but at least she wasn't whiny anymore. 

When we got to the hotel Lavender ran to the hotel room to change into her swimsuit. Her swimsuit was pink with rainbows on it. She then rushed to the pool and I rushed along her. My swimsuit was a bit more modest then what I wore before I became a mom. I feel judged by strangers when I wear skimpy bikinis now. 

"Look at me!" Lavender yelled as she swam around in the hotel pool. Me and Christopher sat on the edge of the pool watching her, my head on his shoulder just like the old times. My heart still raises when we're this close even though we have been married for years now. 

"It must be the swimming classes we signed here up for back in Italy." he chuckled while looking at me. He kissed me on my forehead. It took me back to when we were reckless teenagers in France. 

"Ewww! Gross!" Lavender yelled from the pool while splashing water at us. We started laughing like never before. So much that I almost peed myself. Lavender started swimming like a mermaid away, she was in her own world. 

"Let's go back, Lavender! Come up from the pool! It's almost time to eat dinner!" I interputed her mermaid daydream. She followed my order and immediately went up from the pool. She ran barefoot as she had forgotten all of her shoes in the hotel room. 

I dressed her up in a plaid dress and a black bow in her head along with matching black ballerina shoes. Christopher carried her on his back down to the hotel restaurant. She giggled as we passed through the hallways. She loved being carried. 

We sat down at a table for four. Lavender grabbed the menu and started reading the menu out loud.

"Lavender, quiet down please!" I told her off. She handed me the menu to read for her. I flipped through the menu to the kids menu and handed it back to her to pick from.

"Have you guys decided?" the waiter asked. She had a notepad in her hand and a pencil in her other. Lavender took a last look at the menu

"Hamburger! Hamburger!" she insisted! The waiter quickly wrote it down and looked back at us.

"May I please have this please?" we said at the same time pointing at the same pasta meal. The waiter wrote it down.

"For drinks we want water and an apple juice please." we contiuned. The waiter headed back into the kitchen. I took a look at Lavender and noticed that she was staring at a small boy around her age sitting at the other table.

"I think Lavender has a little crush on the boy over there." I joked and pointed towards the little boy. Lavender hid her face from embarrasment just like a teenager expect for that she was a 4 year old toddler. Her face was completely red like a bright red tomato. Christopher laughed with me.

"Stop!" she told us off.