Chapter 19

A few months later

I looked out of the window into my garden only standing in an oversized t-shirt. I woke late today. Christopher sat on his knees with hand trowel in his dirty hands. He was planting new lavender flowers in our garden. The sound of doves also came from the outside. They must've liked the bird feeder we put out. 

This isn't how I imagined spending my 18th birthday. Not at all actually. But I'm happy about it. I put on a blue dress with a white lace shirt with a collar underneath. My hair was loose, I didn't feel like putting it up. I heard a knock on my door as I brushed through my hair in the mirror.

"Come downstairs." my mom yelled from outside my door. I opened door and walked downstairs. To my surprise all of my friends were gathered in my living room. They started singing happy birthday as I walked downstairs. Even Aaron was there. After we broke up Aaron had became pretty popular with the girls. He had eyes on a special girl named Amber though. She makes him happy in the same sense Christopher makes me happy.

"This is too nice! You didn't have to do all of this!" I almost cried from being so happy. This was my last birthday in this house that I had lived 18 years in before moving. Yes you heard that right, me and Christopher are moving into our own house pretty soon. 

"Come here!" Madison gathered me, Audrey, Christopher, Aaron and Amber into a group hug. It felt nice to be surronded by all the people I love. After the long waited hug I blew out the candles on the cake and everyone got a piece of cake. 

"How does it feel to be 18?" Audrey asked with her face stuffed with my birthday cake. It was her favorite flavor, chocolate. She even had chocolate all around her mouth like a little kid on their birthday. 

"Well I feel more like 28 than 18" everyone started laughing along with me. Most 18 year olds care about college, getting their first jobs but I'm here 4 almost 5 months pregnant. That's right my due date is in the middle of August. 

My mom handed me the note with the gender of my baby in it. Everyone's eyes widened as they saw it. We were finally going to know the gender after difficulites with the baby being in the wrong position! Christopher placed his hand on the note before opening it.

"Let's count down!" Madison exclaimed waving her hands up in the air to get everyone's attention.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Me and Christopher opened up the note together. A tear went down his cheek. I had never seen him smile that big. His eyes were glowing like the sun and he was on cloud nine.

"It's a baby girl!" we both yelled out at once! Everyone started claping and cheering on. My mom rested her hands around my shoulders. We both knew that our baby girl was going to be a dazzling completeness of beauty.

"Are you going to name her after me her favorite auntie?" Madison giggled, she was playing cheeky. Audrey shook her head and tilted her head in surprise. She leaned in towards me with a wide grin on her face.

"I'm the best auntie, right Daisy?" she flipped her hair and winked at me. I placed my arms around both of them.

"Both of you are, that's why you're her god mothers." Audrey stood up and started jumping up and down in excitement and Audrey had a wide winning smile on her face like she had gotten the best title in the whole world. 

"I will miss everyone so much! You have to come visit!" It's true I will. I can't believe that these are my friends. I didn't even have a friend until the start of the semester. Now I have this great group of people, Audrey the girl that came up to me the first day, Madison that became my friend after the runaway incident, Aaron that loved me like no other and of course my fiance Christopher.