Chapter 25

"I can't believe that you're moving to across the country!" Christopher had tears in his eyes. I gave him a napkin to wipe the tears from his face. Lavender sighed like she always did when she was younger.

"Dad... I'm 18 and going to NYU! Aren't you proud of me? I have worked my entire life for this!" She exclaimed. Her hands were on her hips and her chin was lifted up with a smile on her face. Behind her was a bunch of moving boxes that she was going to take with her.

"I remember when you were a little girl hiding from your Australian crush in the hotel restaurant and now you're an adult!" He wiped away his tears while talking. She went up to Christopher and gave him a huge hug. 

I hugged both of them. Lavender was right, she had worked a lot for this. She got into her dream school and was now starting a life on her own. Just like we did when we were her exact age expect for that she was going to come home on the holidays and probably were going to live at ours after college for a while.

"I remember when we were your age. We were traveling around the world and even ran away from your grandparents." I reminded Christopher. He started smiling as he thought back to the moments we had.

"You guys were a lot crazier than I am." She laughed along with us. Lavender had the perfect grades and had never been to a party. She rather stayed home to read. We are super proud of the person she had become.

We heard a knock on the door. It was her best friend Allison.

"Lavender! I will miss you so much! You have to come home for Thanksgiving!" she hugged Lavender like they hadn't seen each other in years. Lavender was truly going to miss her best friend, they had been best friends since first grade.

"Of course I'm coming home! I'm going to miss everyone here so much." A tear rolled down Lavender's rosy cheeks. She wiped it away with her hand. She went and got out her suitcase. She held her suitcase in her right hand and her passport in her left. 

"I'm ready to go to the airport!" she took a deep breath. Christopher lifted up two moving boxes and I lifted up one. We went out and loaded them into the car. There were doves chippering in a tree above us. Lavender sat down in the back of the car.

"Are you ready to leave?" Christopher looked back at her from the front seat. She nodded her head and he started driving. Right behind us her best friend was running along with the car waving intensely at Lavender who waved back. 

The warm summer heat started getting cold after we had started driving. Rain started pounding on the car windows and a sad song was playing on the radio. The smell of cold air was in the air. As we got closer the three of us started crying more and more. 

As we pulled up to the airport parking lots all of us were pretty much sobbing. Christopher stopped the car and handed Lavender an umbrella. We went out and started walking towards her flight. 

The loud airport was filled with a bunch of different people. Some people were screaming out of joy after meeting their long distance soulmate while some like us were sad about someone dear and close leaving. 

"I guess this is it." Lavender said in her wobbly and shaky voice. She dropped the suitcase on the ground and ran towards us. She hugged us hard and I never wanted to let her go but I had to remember that she wasn't a little girl anymore. 

"I will miss you guys so much! I will call every night okay?" she said as she grabbed her suitcase from the floor. She went into the airport control and waved towards us. Me and Christopher looked at each other for a moment before talking.

"I'm so proud of her." I sobbed. Christopher wiped away the tears from my face. He leaned forward. My heart started raising. I felt his soft lips pressed against mine. I felt our tounges dancing against one another. After a few wonderful minutes that felt like seconds we pulled away from the intense kiss.

"I'm so proud of us for raising a daughter as awesome as her." he whispered into my ear with his deep voice. We hugged each other hard while we both realized that this was the end of our story but the beginning of hers...

---

Thank you so much for reading this story! The sequel is already out! Find it at my profile! It's called The Coffee Shop Stalker. It follows Lavender as the new main character from her point of view. Of course old favorites like Christopher and Daisy are included in the story but they're not the point of view. Here's the summery of the book:

He handed me the reciept and it had a phone number written on it along with "Call me". Did he always do this to girls that came in to the coffee shop or was I special?

Lavender an eighteen year old girl had just moved to the big apple or mostly known as New York City all the way from sunny California for a fresh start at her dream college NYU. Instead of looking for friends on the first day there she stumbles across a coffee shop, the coffee shop that is going to change her life for ever. What happens when he suddenly starts appearing where ever she is? Just by accident right? Just an accident that he's peeking in outside of her window?