• E I G H T E E N •

"Y/N... Y/NN, wake up." The faint voice was bringing me out of my unconscious state and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Y/N, please." I heard her worried tone and I gasped slightly when I felt hands on my face.

I looked around the dark kitchen and frowned to myself not realizing how much of an impact I was leaving on the group. I groaned lowly into the air as I started remembering what had happened the hours before.

"Y/N." Her voice firm and I looked into those sea green eyes causing me to take a deep breath.

"What's going on?" I whispered through my exhaustion and I pulled myself up just to lay against the cabinet.

"You tell me." Her face full of worry and emotion as she tilted my head up so she could get a better look at me.

Her eyes trailed down my body making sure I hadn't been injured but I closed my eyes again feeling the exhaustion again. She softly tapped my cheek before wiping my cheek slowly, her eyebrows furrowed and sighed.

"What happened?" She questioned me as I just sat on the cold tiled floor.

"Another nose bleed, sorry." I whispered still feeling the metallic taste in my mouth.

She shook her head lightly as I wiped the dried blood from my nose and I grimaced at the fact I probably wouldn't be able to find a water source soon. I just wanted to bathe. I then looked up at her who was now sitting right next to me and she didn't necessarily know what to say.

"I didn't mean to disappear... I couldn't do this in front of Dinah. How is she?" I whispered again as my voice felt a lot more dry and scratchy.

"Here." Lauren gave me her thermos before informing me on anything.

I silently thanked her as I drank some of the water she offered, "So, she's okay, she's talking now. She kicked everyone out for a couple hours." She told me all the while I felt the soothing liquid slide down my throat.

"Where is she now?" I asked and she sighed deeply.

"Well... she wanted to know if you were okay so she sent me to look for you. But she's still in the room he was in last time I saw her." She then scooted until she too was sitting against the cabinet.

"Is he still-"

She shook her head cutting my question short and I nodded knowing it would've been hard seeing him go once more. I closed my eyes at the fact that she most likely needed me but that migraine hit. I just wished I understood what was happening with myself. It wasn't normal not even in the slightest bit and I was afraid if it was truly something bigger than any of us. I cleared my throat and looked at the girl next to me waiting for her to say something more.

"Austin and Shawn helped carry him out to the garage for now. They put a tarp over him and we're all just wondering what to do. Dinah doesn't want him to be buried in the backyard and she doesn't want him outside just in case any of the dead are around." She let me know before rubbing her hands together and looking directly at me.

"What are we gonna do about that?" She asked me and I just felt my head fall in defeat.

"I should've been there for her-"

"Not what I asked you, babe." Her eyes stayed right on me and I felt my heart stop for a second.

"You tell me what to do... I'll listen. What's the plan?" She questioned me and grabbed my weak hand just for me to close my eyes.

Different scenarios played through my head thinking about how much we can do in a night or a day. If we search all of the houses in the culdesac or if we branch out to the street next over; or the entire gated community. Little by little would work greatly. I cleared my throat again still feeling the irritation the blood caused.