• S I X T E E N •

"Oh my God! Look!" I heard Ally gasp happily while she looked out the window.

"LA is beautiful." Ally gushed and Lauren chuckled to herself.

I noticed that we were on the 405 and we passed the burnt Capital Records building. I held onto the bus seat tightly as Shawn forcefully rammed through a couple cars. He slowed down a bit as we heard a small uproar of groans. He rolled down his window and I immediately felt the heat from outside. He tried his best and maneuvered his way around vehicles but inevitably there was still lots of them. LA was always packed up with traffic, including during an apocalypse, I guess.

"I would kill to see this view from the right perspective." Ally mumbled again and I glanced at Lauren walking towards us.

"Yeah, it'd be even more pretty if it wasn't filled with such assholes trying to kill you." She shrugged and I walked down the bus to see Shawn driving as usual.

"True. Sad, this city never had something real to represent it. Everyone's always so fake there and the real one's were silenced." Ally made it into a huge deal causing me to giggle softly.

"Now everyone's silent." I heard Tristan say and I looked his way noticing him spaced out.

Boy, better not-

"In less than an hour we'll be in Santa Ana.. I can't believe we traveled this far." I heard Ally mumble to herself and I sat in the passenger seat beside Shawn.

"You want some sleep?" I asked him but he just shook his head softly with a small smile.

"We're almost there, I'm okay." He nodded and I looked at him carefully.

I could see a faint mustache growing and I chuckled remembering when he used to look like a chipmunk. He glanced my way after slowly driving through some vehicles.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing." I sighed with a small laugh and he smiled shaking his head.

He focused on driving again and I rested my head before getting lost in my mind as usual. Watching the scenery pass by and hitting a few walkers. And at one point we were at this small bridge where I had a full fledge view of downtown. I wondered how much was left, if anyone was still alive there, if some part was still working? It was like I had a huge plan to just get shit working again but there was so much to do in so little time.

This wasn't like fucking Sims, I couldn't just speed shit up even though I wish I could. I needed a good slow pace so plans could actually work. So... no one else would get hurt.

I'd hate it if I lost anyone again.

"We're close to Santa Ana, only a few more miles, I'm guessing." Shawn yawned and I turned to him with a raise of my eyebrows.

Then I heard Austin groan while he stretched his limbs before convincing Ally to stretch with him. I got up to look out the side windows and sighed at the sight while I heard Regina grunt from the bunk.

"I'm kinda excited." Normani smiled to herself and I looked back at her as Dinah slept on her lap.

"We can actually work on living there and settling- we could expand and actually make something good." Normani ran her hands through Dinah's hair.