• T H I R T E E N •

"Alrighty! Look at this!" Dinah smiled widely as she pointed to the map with excitement.

"There's a gas station nearby but the only problem is, is that it's by a hospital and dozens of shopping centers." Dinah's excitement wavered and I sighed as I looked around the empty road.

"Bro my legs are killing me." Austin commented and I looked up at the sky seeing the sun setting as the wind picked up a bit.

"Look we need a vehicle like now and that's the best choice we have is by the nearest exit of this road." I spoke to the group causing them to sigh but I firmed up.

"I get it, you're tired, but think about all the rest we can get when we have another vehicle of some sort." I pointed out with raised eyebrows and Dinah looked at me.

"There may be a huge amount of walkers-"

"Yeah and not even just walkers, there may be a huge amount of runners and crawlers. What if there's others that we don't know of? We didn't even know some were deformed and crawled!" Shawn cut Dinah off and I closed my eyes as my nose flared while I kept down a burst of anger.

"Well Shawn we can't exactly always avoid these zombies now can we?" I sarcastically snarled and he huffed while Leo growled lowly.

"We're going and the first vehicle we see that'll have at least a bit of room for all of us then we're taking it. So be ready for any attackers, alright?" I called out and they all nodded while Hailee passed out the guns from the duffle bag.

"Make sure you all are secure and you're not holding anything else besides the gun you were given." I firmly said and the medic bag was strapped across my chest and rested on my back.

While the other necessities were on the guys' and Dinah's backs as we walked further down the road. Walking further away from the woods and more into the urban part of the town we were in, we started to walk down the hill that swirled into the main road.

I gripped the assault rifle as we walked slowly into the town and noticed multiple crashed cars. I heard a loud groan that echoed through the center and Lauren moved closer to me as Leo whined.

"There's a vehicle lot up the street but if we go maybe a half mile up there's one of those RV's and Trailers zones. It'll be filled with RV's." Lauren informed me and I nodded.

"Fine let's make our way there but please try and be quiet they may not see but they can hear everything." I told them and the group nodded as we walked up the main road.

"We need to hurry the sun is going down." Shawn said lowly and I turned my head as I noticed a group of walkers huddled around a dead man lying on the ground.

"Ugh." Hailee grimaced as she watched a walker rip some flesh from the man's arm.

As she watched she started to lose focus on where she was walking and right before she could run into a car I pulled her right into my arms.

"Shh." I whispered as I felt her pulse quicken abruptly.

"I said be careful and be quiet Haiz." I whispered again and she nodded against my hand.

"I will Y/NN, sorry." She apologized and I grabbed her hand innocently before putting her in front of me.

"Y-Y/N?" I heard Tristan say and I turned around ready to hush him up but quickly noticed the walker limping towards us.

"Keep walking guys, slowly." I whispered and they followed my requests.

I slid my military pocket knife out and quickly got ready for the stumbling walker. I kicked its leg and it let out a mewl before I stabbed it right in between the eyes. I quietly laid it onto the ground and checked around hoping that no other zombie heard anything. I backed up before walking back to the group as I slid the knife against my gray tee shirt wiping off the brownish blood.