• T H R E E •

- "It'll be okay." "No it won't." -

I cleared my throat before wiping the unnoticed tears from my eyes and cheeks before getting up. I held my gun securely as my knife stayed in its place in my back pocket.

I stomped off the bus as I walked past the stupid boys while I pushed them out of my way. Dinah kept an eye on me from the front of the bus as she talked with her siblings. Shawn, Hailee, and Austin were holding up their guns before quickly reloading as they tried figuring out who was the fastest.

I walked into the shack which was actually a small bar I looked around the dark room. I walked into the back room slowly before seeing about three more cases of water. I heard a groan from another door connected to the small office and I carefully opened it just to be met with the outside of the shack.

I held my pocket knife securely instead of my gun seeing as it makes less noise and I walked outside. I heard footsteps so I quickly got behind the dumpster but when they faded I had got up. I sighed looking back at the small shack and stayed there as I dazed out slightly.

That was until someone tried grabbing my arm and I freaked out causing me to quickly grab the hand and twist it. I pulled the hand and the body slammed into the concrete wall while I quickly pressed the knife to some girls neck.

"Wait! Stop, stop, stop, stop! I come in peace!" The girl with a husky voice said and I tried calming down my heartbeat but I looked into her eyes.

"Wow." I mumbled as my anger slightly faded away as I stared into light green eyes.

"Uhh...what?" She frowned her thick eyebrows and I gulped before frowning again.

"Who the hell are you and why are you grabbing me?!" I spat at her and tightened my grip on my knife even though something told me to stop.

"Uh well for starters I'm Lauren and you're well you're the first living person we've seen in what I assume months." She gulped and I frowned, "Can you take the knife away now? Please? I swear I mean no harm I just kinda got excited."

I stepped away from her as I kept my eyes on her and she sighed in relief, "We?" I questioned and she nodded gently before pointing to an older white and light blue Chevrolet truck.

"My two friends Normani and Ally they're probably less harmful than I am." She mumbled nervously and I frowned looking at her then looking at me.

Am I that intimidating?

"Well you did have a knife to my neck so yeah you kinda are." She said and I rubbed my neck as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I didn't even think it was possible to accidentally say things out loud." I mumbled and she slightly smiled before looking at her friends which were behind the truck.

I cleared my throat before my posture hardened, "You're not coming with us just so you know." I mumbled thinking about the group and realizing we barely had any room left.