• F O U R T E E N •

I woke up from another dreamless sleep and stood up from the couch in the stable RV. I heard grunting as I stood up stretching along the way and I looked out the window to see Austin and Hailee whacking the heads of walkers against the fence. I left the RV just to feel the blazing hot sun against my skin and Shawn shot the ones in the back of the crowd from the roof.

"Hey Y/NN good morning." Austin smiled and hissed as he harshly whacked the walkers head.

The zombies started to fall one by one and soon enough I watched them all die as I stood back impressed.

"We're gonna go get that gas so if you wanna come you can." Austin smiled and patted my back but I just looked around.

"Yeah I'll go Dinah and Ally can watch the kids and Lauren." I said while he smiled but huffed at the sun.

"It's really hot today." He groaned as his muscles glistened with sweat and I nodded.

"Yeah bring some water with you I don't want us to go dehydrated." I mumbled and he nodded as Hailee started to pack up her backpack.

I turned around looking at each RV in the place while Shawn turned around before jumping out of his skin.

"G-Guys!" Shawn yelled and we all looked up at him with a confused frown.

"What?" We said in unison and he quickly climbed down the ladder.

We followed him as he ran to the side of the RV dealer building and quickly stopped,

"How the fuck didn't we know this before?" Austin asked himself as we looked at the gateway towards the back of the building.

It read Don't Open, Dead Inside on the doors and I heard the walkers groaning and banging on the metal doors.

"There's a truck back there?" Shawn suggested and I looked at him.

"What if it has gas? We could drive to the gas station that's practically a mile away."

"And if it doesn't? We'd just waste our time and ammo." I mumbled but he just wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"If it has gas then it'd be better because you can't go on quick runs with an RV. Y/NN...it'll be better when we get to California because we're bound to cross a gun store or a pawn shop." He softly said and I looked at him with a small look in my eye.

"You're being nice." I pointed out and he just looked down sadly as he nodded.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and I sighed climbing up the ladder.

"Let's go but we're doing this quickly I can't have anyone here in danger if they get out." I commented and he smiled nodding as he followed me while Austin groaned at the idea.

I grabbed my pistol and aimed at their heads but shooting the ones by the gate first.

"Boom headshot! And another!" Shawn laughed as he watched me shoot them one by one.

"Who gets the most headshots?" He suggested and I smirked.

"You're on Mendes." I chuckled and Austin counted for Shawn while Hailee counted for me.

Quickly reloading my pistol and shooting more of the walkers Shawn smirked as he quickly shot them with his rifle.

"You have a rifle!" I yelled and he laughed as we fired away watching the useless rotting bodies fall.

When I ran out of my clip I hopped down onto the closed dumpster and stabbed the walker in its head. There was only a few more left and Shawn quickly stepped down with me as I went around slashing their heads in.