Chapter 1

A new beginning signifies a new beginning of new pain"
~R.I.S

THE CURTAINS MOVED with the wind. With everyone waking up by the palace's bell's tintinnabulation.

The guard changing took place for the first time in the last 6 days, sharply at 11 am with viewers around the corner of the palace.

The sun shone brighter than ever as always. Lighting up the famous Buckingham Palace.

Several horses moved around. The workers strolling everywhere. Some maids setting up breakfast for the royals and others cleaning up the palace.

But the high-pitched chirping of birds couldn't help to open the youngest princess's eyes at any cost. So the staff volunteered.

"Princess Isabella?" Her name slipped through her door with a gentle knock. But no reply came in return.

So he tried again.

"Princess Isabella?" No answer.

"Princess Isabella?" Finally, the words reached her which caused her to stir.

"Princess Isabella?" The worried voice hit her ears from which she replied.

"I um yeah? Who's it? what happened?" She asked with rather a vexed voice.

" My princess, your highness, the queen would like to know at what time you're coming for breakfast" he replied.

She sat up and placed her chin in her palm and was drifting off again as she was replying in gibberish " yea coming. Sounds nice"

She regained consciousness again with the knock, heavier than before.

"Yes?"

"Princess, are you up?"

She rubbed her eyes and smiled as she stretched.

"Yeah. I was up hours ago. And sorry, what were you saying? I failed to listen. I was doing... Some work"

" The queen was asking when you're coming down" he replied.

" Coming for what?" She smiled remembering her dream.

"For breakfast and then To choose the decorations and your gown for the ball" and the word "ball" hit her.

The ball The ball. . Oh my goodness I  forgot about it totally. I am late. It's exactly tomorrow.

"Shit" she cursed under her breath and jumped out of her bed.

" Please pass my message to your queen that I will be there in 15." With that, the staff heard a door slammed inside.

She went inside her Washroom, taking her clothes and cursing herself for sleeping late even she knew she had to wake up before the usual time to choose the decorations and her gown. After all, it was her ball. Debutante ball. She wished her mom, princess Diana was with them.

When her mother died, Elizabeth, or Lizzie as she calls her, took care of her mostly. She went to study in Australia in SCEGGS and Lizzie made sure no one knows her identity as she was 8 years old when she left for studying alone with her caretaker.

It has been 4 days since she arrived in the United Kingdom. After 16 years she came back to her own palace. It's not like no one visited her. Everyone did. Everyone included Lizzie, her dad, brothers, stepmother, grandfather, and others.

As it has been years since she showed herself to the public, the ball was organized to introduce her to the royal life and show her in front of the public and media.

Many of her childhood friends, her brother's friends, means the whole friend circle including some counted country people were invited. And of course the media.

She was extremely anxious about meeting people she never met.

" I am so so so sorry for being late. I slept late"  she apologized as she hugged Lizzie and she hugged her back.

"It's okay Honey. You'll get used to with the timing" Lizzie chuckled.

"Yeah. It has a huge time difference. New South Wales is 9 hours ahead of London. Anyways you had brekky?"

"Yeah, darling. Won't you have breakfast? Come on sit"

"Nah it's already late. I'll have brunch " Isabella replied. Lizzie was noticing that her accent changed to Australian.

"So you want to choose the decorations now or later..?" Elizabeth asked.

"Sure. It's cool. I am good with it" with her reply being told, they both stood up.

They were led to the decorations room by staff.

They were shown different types of decorations and themes. They displayed several styles of different eras. There were themes from different brands with several accolades. Certified designers, graphic designers, etc. They served them books for colors and highlights.

"I think the Victorian looks nice" Elizabeth commented while the servicer was taking notes

"I think I will choose the goldish one," Isabella said.

"Which one ma'am?" One of them asked.

"Um, that one, the one beside the flowers one " she pointed with two of her fingers.

"Oh, the Shakespearean era" one of them spoke.

"So you like it?" Elizabeth asked her.

"Mhmm" she nodded and it was final as a theme of the great evening.

Later on, they chose her gown too which perfectly fitted her.

She was eager to meet nice people and British men, as she heard people around here are totally Perfect so she had prepare herself not to like them at first sight. She was the type of girl who used to have a crush on everyone she meets. Even though if it's platonic or romantic. If one person took place in her heart, it was very hard to forget about him. Most importantly when she didn't know him well. For she believed she didn't know a flaw to hate him.

But wholeheartedly, she was ready for her new beginning.