chapter 23

"People betrays. But life is what betrays you the most. Getting down to you randomly"

   R.I.S

"So Have You Tried to contact Tom?" Scarlet asked from the other side of the phone.

"23 times yesterday approximately , 5 times since I woke up and 47 texts ,not much." Whilst sitting on the couch and wrapped inside my blanket after having breakfast , I replied with no hints of hope to see him again " to him" I mumbled under my breath.

"Maybe he's too busy to check his phone" Scarlet tried to comfort me because she knew there was a cyclone going inside me.

"Yeah, really? His phone was switched off and it's on again. Like I am gonna believe he didn't espied my name popping up on his lock screen. But anyways, fingers crossed" I said dishearteningly.

"Maybe his assistant or anything turned off and on his phone? He might be that busy?"

"He might me that busy? Seriously?"I asked sarcastically , hint of anger showing on me without any reason. But there were reasons .

"Gosh, Belle, he's an actor. They are busier than presidents." She replied to my sarcastic comment.

"Yeah I know. Actor" suddenly the word attained my brain and my eyes went wide open promptly " Hey , Scar-" before I could finish she replied.

"Yup?"

"Listen, he's an actor, please google him for my sake? Please?" I begged for I don't know why.

"First of all I didn't knew I had this intelligent friend hiding behind a dork. Second of all, why are you begging?" She cackled.

Why was I begging? Probably because of the thought of getting denied.

"I- I don't know. But please do it" I said.

"Yeah yeah, just give me a second. I'll keep you on speaker" she giggled at my impatience.

On speaker? She was going to tell me what's going on if anything was written there and I would know what's going on in a flash.

Why was I scared? Why was I anxious?

I was scared and anxious for a few reasons.

What if I heard something I didn't want to hear? What if he's not okay? What if he left England?

That was a lame reason to be anxious but anxiety works all way long, doesn't matter how big or small the reason is.

"Um , Belle?" Scarlet's call made me snap out of my mind. I got more scared at the tone of her voice.

Oh my god.

"Y-yeah?" I replied hesitantly.

"Um honey-"

"Yes, say"

"There-"

"Mhmm"

"Will you let me finish?" Scarlet replied in a vexed tone.

"Yeah, sorry, go on" I replied, spontaneously biting my nails.

"So there ain't anything here. No need to worry about. I told you he might be busy" she said.

Thank god

I let out a breathy sigh in a response to the not so good news.

"It seemed so scary" I replied.

" You weren't letting me finish. Your fault" she said while munching something.

"Yeah, yeah my fault. " I faked a chuckle.

"So yeah , it's been almost 2 days , since we had that conversation. Have you decided anything yet?" She asked.

"Not yet. I am in a whirlwind right now." I said.

"I know but it's a easy thought though" she replied.

"Trust me it's not. It's seriously not for the sake of St. Michaels" I huffed. I was tired. Of everything.

"Tell me how" she told , I could literally see her giving her cheeky smile.

"Listen it's a debate between two worlds. I literally have to choose between rules and roses"

"Rules and Roses?"

"Yeah, it's like going for the throne and leave behind your love of your life and vice versa" I sighed.

"Wait wait wait, are you going for the throne?"

What have I said.

"No I didn't mean th-" before I could finish she almost starting shouting from excitement.

"YOU ARE GOING FOR THE THRONE!" She screamed through the phone. "I could finally say my best friend is the queen of England. Thank god" we both burst out laughter. It felt I laughed after a long , long time.

"Isn't it enough to say my best friend is the princess of Wales" I remarked .

"Yeah yeah , but there is this vibe of being the queen you won't understand" she chuckled.

Yeah throne. Queen. I do have the wish. But I don't know how. This people are just going out of my grasp. They are thinking I am the black sheep in my own house , besides theirs. Maybe , through the succession line, I might be able to get ahold of the title , when my corpse will turn into a skeleton after my death probably. When I first met them upon my arrival , not back in Australia , I thought they only had pocket full of honey. But now it feels like I have been fooled by sour swarm of bees.

And this Rules. Always eating my brains out. Don't do this , don't do that. It's just not the right way to live. I didn't allow them to rule my life.

The very second I stepped here, I was filled with remorse. I felt contrite about everything. The only great things that to me was Tom and Scarlet. Even that Ball was wicked.

If I ever become the queen of United Kingdom, I swear on God, I will remove all the rules like deleting chats with delete option and make my own rules. Rules that are engaging with the government and people's lives. Not like going only one way.

Future plans.  I didn't even know I will last the next second and I was Alread making plans for what I will do at the upcoming events I don't know when they will arrive. Ironic.

It's been almost two days or so called a day since I had that conversation with Scarlet. Not counting bathroom visits and eating sessions, I was wrapped in my blanket with my eyes stuck somewhere else than the TV that was switched off. Falling here and there all day long, having anxiety attacks, crying sessions and a little amount of sleep that lasted for 1 hour or probably less.

"Then I just jumped from that room and got banged on my butt " Scarlet chuckled. I didn't hear a shit she was talking about. I was so lost in my own thoughts and world. I just replied her with little hums and fake giggles.

"Belle, you are alive right?" Scarlet asked suddenly.

I chuckled a little "not likely, just existing.  Why sudden questioning this?"

"Cause I am pretty sure you  weren't listening to me"

"Yeah true"

By the way you know-" I was cut off when my door flew open.

I looked at the door to see the face of distressed Kate, totally breathless.

After I saw her her face , I promptly sat up .

She was breathing densely.

"Isabella, gr-grandfather-"

"What?"