chapter 15

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from enemies , it comes from those you trust the most"

~ Xxxtentacion

Sometimes, when something doesn't feel right, I don't know why, without thinking about it , my heart feels like a heavy burden. Everything feels hot and humid. The back of my head feels heavier than before. And I loose the ability to breathe heavily, ever again.

I was feeling the same right now. Sharing my feelings with someone, well I thought it would lessen the heaviness. But it didn't. I was sweating a lot. Meanwhile whenever I tried to breath heavily or sharply , my lungs denied.

At the moment, I was going back home from a long day with Scarlet. I took a gander out the window as the driver drove through crescent to avenues, blacktops to parades. Little raindrops started to race along with others on my window as rain started to fall.

Suddenly the palace came in my sight. I am so oblivious of the fact which makes me hate this place. It's so cold. I never had a warm welcome whenever I came in.

The car drew more closer and closer , meanwhile my heart started beating faster. I tried to breathe in sharply but failed.

A few minutes afterwards , the car halted in front of the gates , those huge iron rod gates . Then he opened his window when a guard came. The driver told something to him and the guards opened the gates.

It stalled in front the designed gate , which I was too focused on my thoughts that forgot to notice it.

"Ma'am we're here" he spoke and bursted my focus.

"Yeah? Um okay. Thank you" I opened the gate and stepped out of the car.

I felt the car leave behind me and I stood there still, drowning in the raindrops.

The thing that was going through my mind was why things are happening so fast. I never thought that coming to London would change every single pieces of my life. I thought , I would still has the freedom that I had back in Adelaide. I had the freedom to go everywhere, to do everything and specially the freedom to live.

Since the very first day everything had been messed up. Father's change in behavior , grandpa being sick and now the question for marriage. It's not their life. It's mine. And I haven't allowed anyone to control it.

Seriously the only best thing since I came here was Scarlet And Tom. And no one else, nothing else.

Scarlet had given everything whenever I asked for it. Specially the most precious thing, time. She was there for me whenever I asked , whenever I wanted. That's why it feels guilty that I couldn't give her anything instead of her perfect hospitality.

And Tom. Tom has been Perfect to from the very first day. But whenever his face comes , in real life of my imagination, I feel extremely horrible. Horrible for lying to him. My first intention in our friendship was to know things that I didn't. That I was craving to know. But truly he's an angel. No one would have taken me to breakfastst early in the morning. I can't disagree withth the fact that he does attract me. Yes, he   does. He is beautiful. His eyes are made of a bit sapphire and heaven. His voice is yet soft which can attack your heart with teddies. But as I know, we cabe'sbeeone our family denies to marry. And I don't think my feelings will grow to that point.

I looked down and the first thing that caught my eyes was my wet tee and pajamas.

"Holy-" I ran under the roof I quickly knocked at the gates.

"Quick, open it's raining man" the guards opened the heavy doors with all the power and faith they had.

I stepped in and two maids came by my side and wrapped my towels. I took those towels and walked to my room.

I rushed to the bathroom and locked myself inside.

I was stripping my tee when my eyes caught the mirror.

Have I not changed a bit? Everything did, I did. I had dark circles my eyes got smaller and my hair got frizzier. My whole face for tired. At least I had something like mum. I saw her in pictures so I know how she looks. Now I don't even look like a human being.

I touched my face and rubbed it and went back to take a shower.

After an hour or two I was half dead on my bed. Halfway to sleep I mean, when I heard a knock.

"Come in," I said in a lengthy way.

The door slightly opened and I looked back to see staff.

"Yea?"

"Princess, Queen called you to meet her" she replied with her head bowing.

"Like now?" I knitted my brows.

"Yes", she replied again.

"Um okay, and you don't need to bow while talking to me " I smiled at her.

"Okay, ma'am." She smiled as well.

"And call me with my name."

"Sure," she said and left the room.

I sat up and sighed. I ran my fingers through my hair and walked out of the room.

I wrapped the sweater I was wearing. I had to go and see Meghan as well for she was pregnant. They were leaving in five days.

I walked through the stairways and the I was near Liz's room when I saw her room's door half open and heard two voices.

"Isabella shouldn't to got Philip's room. If she does, it's gonna be a huge problem" I heard Her voice.

"Yes ma'am. She was-" I heard a male voice.

"I don't want a single problem. She already caused a lot. I have seen her intentions. Those were not good. It'll be good to send her with her husband or anything. Chaos maker"