chapter 20

I walked down the hall as I was courted for lunch by the staff members.

I was feeling so paranoid. It felt like everyone was looking at me. As if they knew something .

"Good afternoon" I greeted them as I slipped on to my seat.

"Good afternoon" some of them replied back , which has to be Lizzie, Meghan and William.

They had dinner at complete peace while I was dying a little by little inside , having anxiety attacks and screaming mentally at myself, occasionally smiling at people around me.

When dinner ended , I locked myself inside my room and tried to calm myself down . How? Laptop.

Around 16 minutes went by , when someone knocked at my door.

"Come in" I said while my eyes were fixed at the laptop screen , almost forgetting I should be feeling scared and paranoid.

"Isabella, would you please come here?" My door suddenly opened with Kate popping her head in.

I got scared. I didn't knew what was coming. Did they see the newspaper? But I just fixed the issue. Then again, it was gonna be posted tomorrow. What if they told to father? What will happen to me?

"Uh yeah, sure . Just give me a moment." I put my laptop on sleep mode and placed it besides me , as I got out of my blanket, my body trembling unconsciously.

I wore my slippers as I kept on clinching myself that it was okay ,that I mended the upshot but that deafening noise in my mind was giving me reasons to palpitate.

I ambled outside the door, closed it gently and looked at her.

I could feel my body having sudden shivers and breathing becoming dense.

She clasped a paper in her hand and exhibited in front of me. I froze while sweating.

"Would you mind explain this?" She said, with her eyes closed. Well, I saw that coming.

"What's this?" She asked again. I know I has to lie , I had to put up a scene.

"Who's this , let me see" I said and snatched the paper out of her grasp.

I knitted my eyebrows and attained it in front of my eyes , as if I was examining it.

"She surely looks like me" I raised an eyebrow and nodded thoughtfully.

"That's you , Isabella" her voice was getting harder. I looked at her like I was in disbelief and was hurted my her words.

"Are you serious?" I scoffed. "Can you see , how much makeup she wore ? Do you see her height? And remember, I don't go around kissing random people, okay?" I nearly yelled at her , but in a low voice.

"That's not a random man" she responded in a low tune. I got much more frightened than before. Random man. Tom. She said he's not a random man. To me. What if she knows something? What if she sent men behind us? What if she knows what's going on between us.?

But there wasn't something serious. It's just the beginning. Will it be good if I proceed with him? What will they do if they found out about us? Should I step back from our destination?

If I don't choose, it will never have a destination. I will always be stuck in a cyclone. Afterall this where I am supposed to belong. This hell, this whirlwind, this prison.

I am not gonna loose an opportunity to my way to find peace. I am ready to leave this prison anytime , anyone calls.

It's not like I am using Tom for it. Tom. This man has given me peace in hell. He had shown me the early morning life. He had been my best friend since the very first day. He stood with me whenever there was a problem. No , I am not giving up on him. I am not giving up on this man.