chapter 36

"and when he looks at your eyes, your reality changes into fantasy"

   ~  R.I.S

I KNOW that voice. I knew who it was.

I didn't flinch, didn't move, didn't want my heart to dare skip a beat for once.

But where does my heart listens to me for once? Just stubborn.

It did. It of course did skip a bit. Tummy did a summersault.

I stayed as I should. Still and calm. Little did he knew there was a storm going on inside me.

He stopped in his tracks and I knew he got to understand who I was. Who he asked.

"He's with father most probably" I replied in the lowest tone.

"Isabella. Finally, I found you. I was also searching for you" his footsteps reassured me that he was walking towards me. And at a moment he stopped and I felt him stand beside me.

I took a deep breath and looked to my left as he was standing at my right.

"Good to know you have a boyfriend. Good to see you happy" he said.

Boyfriend?

I furrowed my eyebrows and scoffed while turning my head towards him. "Boyfriend? Who the hell said I have a boyfriend?" I asked with an irritated voice.

Truthfully, his eyes never met mine. To give his ethereal shock.

His eyes were looking somewhere, that was situated in the garden out there and I never knew what he was reading there.

"That guy. The landlord. The landlord of Oxfordshire" he turned his head towards me and I, on the other hand, turned away so that he couldn't use his incantations on me.

"Matthew? Seriously?" I asked in aggravation.

Truly, seriously why? What did he have to do with my personal, love life? After all, he didn't want to be a part of any.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy. Or he seems as"

"First of all, he is not a landlord. Second of all, he is not my boyfriend." I replied with my most pissed-off tone. "I am not like others, owning someone within a few days and forgetting the past" I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

"Really? He isn't?" He asked with his confusing voice. "You two looked so close"

Seriously? Cheap

"Are you being serious?" I looked at him and grimaced.

And finally, he looked at me. His ocean eyes were far from being only blue and white. It was mostly red and blue. His optic nerves were visible. As if he cried his eyes out or just rubbed them.

"What?"

I didn't realize I didn't say anything since he looked at me. Since I again started to drown in those reddish ocean eyes.

I didn't understand when my nerves cooled down.

I closed my eyes and sniffed while turning my head back to the garden "nothing" I replied in a whispering voice.

When my words were spilled, there was nothing but deafening silence. Just the attendees' tittle tattles were touching far away from this place and the noises of bugs.

"What happened to you?" He suddenly asked, in the softest tone.

What happened to me?

"You are asking this to me? I should be the one asking this to you" I scoffed.