chapter 16

"words don't cooperate with the narrator when they're lying"

                ~R.I.S

My eyes shot up and my hand flew to my mouth. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Now leave. And don't let her enter Prince Philip's room often" she ordered the guy. Everything that slipped through her lips were bewildering me.

"Yes ma'am" he replied. I heard footsteps approaching towards the door. I promptly Ran behind the other side of the wall . I placed both of my hands on my mouth. "No. It's fake" I muttered to myself.

This was unbelievable. First father , then the rules and now my closest person in this place aswell?

Before I could think the next thing I heard a voice. "Bella , is that you?" Elizabeth's voice called out.

I quickly combed my messy hair with the help of my fingers. And rubbed my eyes as fastly I could.

"Y-yeah" I replied as I walked round the corner to meet her face.

"What were you doing there darling?" She cupped my left cheek. Seeing her soft was making me feel it was so fake.

I placed some hair behind my ear and looked down to find an answer "Um I uh I was coming to you" I chuckled nervously.

"You heard us , isn't it?" She asked with a voice harder yet lower than before which stopped me dead at tracks.

She looked at my eyes directly without blinking.

"W-hat did I he-ar?" I stuttered. She held me by my arm . "Come inside" she said and took me inside her room.

I sat on her bed . Usually I used to sit with my legs up but it was because of being overly loved and spoiled. But I didn't feel loved anymore. It felt reel .

She took a chair and sat in front of me.

"Listen dear, I know you heard what we were talking about" I tried to protest but she stopped me " you can't lie to me at least. I know you vein to vein. So what we're talking about was for a reason. Just get that, I lied . I can never feel irritated by you or your presence. I want you with me at every moment till I am dead. You have no idea how much I love you" she caressed my cheek. I wasn't sure if I should trust her or not .

"Why did you tell those then?" I swallowed and fixed my sitting position in a scarce time.

"It was uh , because of, you see I seem a bit cold towards everyone but you . Right?" She pumped me.

I thought for a moment and replied "Yes'm"

"So there's this um rule here that um we can't be so close to one royal person if you're also a royal. So that um it doesn't make you loose self control when they pass away" she finished the reason why she told something like that. Everything made sense and I nodded as well but one question was roaming through my mind.

"Wait that means you aren't the Incharge of the rules?" I asked.

"Yeah I am . It's like you have to keep 25 Percent of the rules the old ones that should be followed and it's mandatory. Other 25 Percent will be made upon your decision which should be strictly followed and never be broken it's also changeable .  another 50 is strict but can be broken upon a cause" I looked out of the window and heard everything she explained. I nodded in agreement.

"Now you got it?", She asked me again . I smiled and nodded even though I didn't want to smile. She came up and kisses my forehead.

"You know when I'll become a queen , I swear I will remove all the strict rules" as I exclaimed I noticed her smile started to fade. Her look towards me because harder.

"Um you know you should now go to your room. I will take a shower scarcely" she said . This sudden change in her caused me to doubt her again even though she explained me nicely.

God knows what's going on.