chapter 32

"love is so seen that sometimes we decide to ignore it"

      ~R.I.S

MATTHEW.

Matthew Adams.

A straight guy , aged near me , albeit it was unknown. Tall , slim and slender with a perfect body shape. Green eyes , pink lips , perfect jawline.

He looked at me as a shy smirk played on his lips.

I extended my hand for shaking as a role of courtesy. But instead, he took my hand and kissed the top of it.

I didn't know how to response to his motion, so I just smiled.

Smooth.

"Well , why don't you kids gossip together while we elders talk?" Father said out of nowhere.

No no no no no no.

Even before I could open my mouth , he already did .

"Yes sure, why not?" He smiled.

You son of a - anyways I don't know your mother.

I put on a reel smile.

"You guys Gossip, we'll take it from there later on" father spoke.

Matthew started to walk. I couldn't do anything then following behind him.

We were walking side by side.

There was nothing but awkward silence between us.

"So-" he started. I looked at him and he stopped.

"Hmm?" I placed a strand of hair behind my ear.

This is so fucking awkward. When will the sun rise?

"I - uh" he chuckled nervously, I did the same when I looked at him again. His green eyes were burning my one's when he looked directly at me.

"Um what's your full name?" He finally came with a question.

"That's a very long name. Are you sure you want to hear or keep it till Isabella?" I smiled and asked. Afterall I was ordered to gossip.

"Wouldn't mind to hear" he smiled back.

"Isabella Amber Rose Windsor" I replied.

Abruptly memories rushed into me.

" Thanks. And what's yours?" He asked me.

"You heard it . The noodles man announced it before"

"By whom?" He giggled.

"You know the man who let the Ball start? That guy. I don't know what we call him"I chuckled too.

"Ohh the ball minister. I like how you called him noodles man. Anyways what's your name again?",

"You didn't hear my name?"

I closed my eyes and let them shrink.

Forget it. It doesn't matter anymore. It won't come again. Forget about it. Don't let it hurt you. Don't . Let. It. Hurt. You.

"Are you alright? Do you require water?" A voice echoed in my ears whilst a hand holding my arm.

For a split second, I literally forgot everything. I didn't know where I was, what time it was or or who I am.

I looked at him being lost and pale.

It was when Matthew held and shook me and I got my sense back.

"Are you okay? Do you need to rest? Oh my god" he sounded panick stricken.

I blinked for a few times, licked my lips and answered " I am sorry for scaring you. I am so sorry" I closed my eyes in embarrassment . "I was, um I was actually having a slight flashback along with short time memory loss" I looked at him.

He let out a big sigh " Thank God , I thought you were going to faint. You looked so pale" he voiced calmed down.

We started walking again.

"So um does this" he cleared his throat "does this happen often?" He asked.

"What happens often?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

" That memory loss session and flashback thing?" He queried again and I chuckled.

"No , I mean yeah. It happens I get nostalgic" I halted for a moment to get my choice of words " or something like that. "

"Oh. So what did you, like saw? Or watched?"

I thought for a moment to find a right answer.

"Um , it was, it was a recap of one of my biggest mistakes. You know, there are these moments when you're having a talk with someone and your brain pulls out a cassette tape of your biggest life mistakes? Something like that happened" I said and he burst into laughter.

"Great sense of humor. Yeah , this thing usually comes to me when I try to go to sleep. Or having an exam" he admitted.

I chuckled "no no , during exam you be asking for answers and it'll give you a vocal or a lyrics of a song"

"Oh god, same. Brain cells be playing with poor people like us" he pretended to be a sad person.

"True. By the way, did you have dinner?" I asked and immediately felt like an idiot.

"Ugh no , the party just started" he said.

"Yeah. Sorry , that was a fool of me" I grimaced.

"No worries, that's okay. But to be speaking the truth " he slowed down his voice " I am so so hungry. I've been starving since 2 pm cause I didn't get time to have lunch" he whispered.

"Oh gosh" I suddenly got an idea because there were mice running in my tummy "
"I have an idea" I smiled sheepishly.

I really forgot to notice that I was doing the same mistake, all over again.

"What idea is it?"

"So if we move by the balcony to the store room , there comes the food hall , I mean where the food is being ready. " I came by his side and whispered "I am hungry too "

We both chuckled and took the route to the food hall.

"You're not like the others" he smiled at me.

"Yeah , they're so bossy and obedient. They just don't get that rules are made to be broken" I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah you're right. I completely agree. If you don't break a rule , then there's no fun in life" he said.

"The thing that I hate the most is their fake warm shoulders. Fake smiles in front of people" I conveyed a secret in between my statement.

He looked at me for a few seconds as if he got what I meant.

There was a purity in his eyes that no could one unseen it.

He broke his looking contest at me and looked forward.

He cleared his throat and said " so, he doesn't treat you, as shown?" He enquired.

"Never" I replied and looked somewhere else.

"That's , that's not right" he stated.

"I know. What's the reason for having a welcoming face?" I asked.

"We own a huge land in Oxfordshire. My father's a landlord. I'm the one who will inherit the will. Along with, no shares because I am an only child." He replied.

I nodded.

"Let's forget about all this shits. Tell be about your favorite food", he said out of nowhere.

I chuckled and replied " chocolates. Occasionally salty things but no spicy"

"No spicy?" He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was offended.

" No. No spicy. It's total hell fo-" and I failed to notice the broad chest in front of me and we collided.