chapter 28

"sometimes I get attached being hurt that it doesn't hurt anymore"

                ~R.I.S

"ISABELLA, what are you doing here?" He turned around and asked.

I swallowed very hard because after seeing him, my mouth stopped moving.

Act neutral, act neutral. This is not a time to freeze. Yeah come on, good.

"What do people do in library?" I scoffed and took a book in my hand.

I still saw my hands trembling.

"Yeah right" I heard his voice spoke slowly.

I took a deep breath and remembered what scarlet said.

there will be a lot of events going on from now and you'll have 85 percent chance to talk with him. Tell him you love him. I trust on my soul he'll come running back to you, princess.

After seeing him, it felt like he'll run out of the palace.

This is my only chance known at this moment. If I don't say now , nothing will be okay.

Last chance. I didn't know what to do.

What if he ran off after I say it? What if he laugh at me? What if he tells everyone? What if it was just a joke? What if they all are playing a game with me? What if he breaks me even more?

All these thoughts. All this thoughts were gradually killing me in that moment.

As I stood with my eyes fixated on the book, I felt him walk past me and take a book just behind me.

Seeing him after long time , with a but long hair and full beard and mustache, it felt like I am seeing someone else.

I noticed I have been looking at him for a long time.

I blushes and took my eyes back to the book.

We were so close. He was just behind me. 

Abruptly , I heard him clearing his throat.

"So how are you?" He asked softly. Like the old Tom I knew.

I felt like grinning at the thought that he was trying to extend the conversation.

But I didn't, I swallowed and answered . "Not so good, you?"

This is my only chance. Only if I can make him understand that I am not okay because of him too.

"I am good. Why? Why not so good?" He ran his hands over the books and took another one.

"That's good to know you're good. And you know why I am not" I shook my head and tried to make it as obvious as it could.

"Oh yeah. Grandpa. I really miss him. And he was so close to you" he commiserate with me but didn't get the main point.

Tell it. Tell him. Remember, only chance this is and I won't let it fall.

"Yeah, but there's another reason too" I mumbled, but a bit loud so that he could hear.

I felt him stop on tracks because he was walking. But I didn't knew it was because he got what a I meant or to choose another book.

No word for a few seconds. None of us dared to spoke.

"Isabella  look. What I did was a mistake" suddenly his voice hit me and I felt like a thunder fell on me.

No. Please tell me it's about something else.

I had to know what he meant.

I looked back at him and asked "why, what did you do?" I narrowed my eyes.