chapter 27

"sometimes, we're so desperate for someone that we forget ourselves"

   ~  R.I.S

IT HAS been nearly 17 days since grandpa passed away , 8 events and I went to almost all of them, but what I didn't see was the sign of the person I was searching to talk.

Tom Hiddleston.

I have searched for him in every single place. Including the washrooms , asked the guards if his names was registered in those events and the security guards if he entered the palace but there was no trace of him. I even told them to inform me secretly if he ever did. But no. No him.

I almost lost hope. But today, I have the slightest bit of an idea that there might be a chance for him to come. Because Will personally called him and I eavesdropped on Will and Kate's conversation.

In that moment I was currently on my to grandpa's room. First time entering that room and even thinking about it was terrifying me. But I just took this step because if I don't let things be normal, it won't be normal. I have to fight with my fears and myself,as grandpa said , to let things go with the flow.

I walked down the stairs and went passed the corridor.

I halted for a second when I saw the door just feet apart from me , but soon I trotted to the door.

I stood still in front of it.

The last time I opened this door, I heard his voice and saw him smile at me.

I closed my eyes shut at thinking about that moment.

I took a deep breath, opened my eyes and pushed the door open.

The door opened with a creaking sound. There displayed the bed where it was , neatly made with white bed sheets and pillows on their respective places. The room being a bit dark with the light curtains on.

I could still hear him greeting me with the brightest smile.

Look who came to pay me a visit. Come in princess.

My eyes wandered to all of the places.

I stepped in and his smell hit my nose. Tears were coming again, but I stopped them on track.

I strolled to his table. My hands ran over his books , some of them which I used to hear him read out.

I smiled at the thought about how good those times were.

Suddenly my eyes fell on a wooden box. The box he used to tell not to open until he's deceased.

Belle , don't open it until I have buried. Don't tell other's about it. It's a secret of mine . This will only stay between you and me. Pinky promise? Aah and the key is under that drawer. Yeah under that.

All of a sudden his words hit me.

The key.

I promptly went to the last drawer of the second row in the third cabinet as he pointed out.

I opened the drawer and my hand wandered below it.

I kept on tapping until my hand felt something.

I peaked and saw it was a designed thing. But it looked like a old , probably twelfth century key.

I took it in my hand, closed the things that I opened and sat in front of the wooden box.

I put the key inside and it unlocked at first try.

The box opened and it exhibited a lot of things.

I furrowed my eyebrows took the first thing , which lied on it's back and seemed like a frame.