chapter 2

"Some words leaves deeper cuts than knifes"
                                                   ~R.I.S

Isabella's P.O.V-

I heard someone banging on my door loudly. I groaned and covered my ears tightly as possible.

I felt a ray of the morning light from the sun hitting my eyes directly. And I knew it was time to wake up.

Maybe I woke up early. I thought to myself.

I stretched, completely ignoring the irritating noise of the knocks. But suddenly it touched my ears.

"Who's it?"

"Princess Isabella are you alright?" A worried voice answered me from the other side of the door as yesterday. But why was it worried like yesterday?

"Yeah  I am awesome" I replied as I sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Miss, you should get up and get ready"

"Um ready for what?" I smiled as I was heading to sleep again.

" For the ball, Princess"

"Ball? " I asked to myself and the very second I got my consciousness back. "No-no-no. Not again. Not again. Uggh I am late." I gritted my teeth and ran to my washroom any quicker I could get, not even bothering to say thanks to the poor staff who helped me to wake up yesterday.

I brushed my hair and changed my sleeping gown to a knee-length dress, just like mama wore.

I stepped outside my room and greeted the staffs and then scrolled down the stairs to the dining hall. Fortunately, I was on time.

"Good morning everyone" I greeted as I sat beside Meghan. Meghan is my brother Harry's Wife.

"Good morning sweetheart"

I took a croissant in my plate and started cutting it.

"So ready for the big day?" Mum asked. Yes, I call her mum. I know she's my stepmother. But fortunately, she loves me. It was very unexpected. But not the motherly love a real mother gives. But it was enough. For she loved me even though when other stepmothers doesn't.

"Mhmm, just a bit anxious" I replied with a mouthful.

"You'll get used to it"

" Well don't forget to search for someone special out of all people. Maybe, your fate could do you a little favor and get you married" William chuckled.

" Uh-huh, don't be foolish. People would be running around her to win her heart. I mean, see what a piece of Diamond is she" Lizzie said. She's always there to save me from roasting or insulting.

"All I can see a baby with poop around her butt" Harry blurted out and everyone laughed except father who was looking out of place.

And then the table went silent again.

" Mother , can you pass me the jug ?" I asked mum.

"Um what?" She asked

" I meant the teapot"

"Oh" and she handed me the teapot.

"Belle?" Father called.

"Yes?"

"You need to practice in changing your accent. I mean you're a british princess. Australian wouldn't sound nice "

only a single word escaped mouth "Okay" 

Because I know he said it for my own good but it was his job to see what was going to harm me before he sent me to Australia. It has been 5 days since I arrived at this palace which I don't like to call home. And since then everything felt so messed up. Yes , starting a new life at a different place would feel messed up but not when you are being supported by everyone. The only problem here was father. Cause he has been acting weird lately. Only god knows what's wrong with him.

And the whole journey to the end of breakfast was filled with silence.

I went up to my room and locked the door and opened the wardrobe where my gown was standing. It was magnificent. It was huge cream color gown with light golden lining designs. I wanted to wear tiara but I wasn't allowed. Another problem. The rules. It's scaring me everyday. Every single rules are daring to break. This palace literally asks to choose between rules and roses.

"Someone's excited?" Harry asked from my back.

"Yes , of course. But I am mostly excited to wear this gown" I chuckled.

"Do you like that little bracelet?" He asked pointing at the bracelet lying besides my other jeweleries.

" Yes , it's pretty gnarly" I said , caressing it lightly.

"What does that means?" Harry scoffed.

"Oh sorry. It means it's pretty awesome" I giggled.

"Well , it was Mama's" he said lightly, ignoring my eyes.

I took a huge breathe in disappointment. For Mama's name wasn't allowed to take in this palace. This was another rule.

"Why don't we talk about her?" I asked as I sniffed slowly.

"You know it is forbidden" he said as he touched my head.

I nodded in agreement.

"Who else knows about this rules?"I asked .

"No one. Just us" he replied.

"We can just take in private. Why don't we?" I asked again.

"Because we don't want to" he replied again and turned his back to me.

"Why?"

"It is one of the rule" we started to quarell.

"Rules are made to be broken"I raised my voice slowly. This little fight had no reason to grow.

"No no, not this. Don't you dare break at least this one" he snapped.

All of a sudden we heard a knock . We looked and saw it was William standing with a bouquet of roses.

"Whatchu doing with that?" I asked as I placed the bouquet on the table.

" Well one of my childhood friend , you don't remember but he does , sent this flowers for you for your big day"  he said as he pointed towards the flowers.

" Aw that's so sweet of him"

I saw a note hanging and took it.

And it read.

To the Beautiful darling I remember meeting 21 yrs ago, I am really happy that you're going to start your new life tonight. So congratulations on your new start.
Lots of love,
Tom W. Hiddleston.