19 | Pregnant

Zain pov

"Sorry What?" I again ask in disbelief just to make sure if what I heard was what I heard they said.

"He is acting, he is acting" I raise my eyebrow when Mamma whispers to huma bhabhi discreetly waving her hand off as if she is confident.

When Jannat's hold tightens on my arm I look down at my poor girl, whose health became more worse in the morning.

Pushing the strands of hair behind, I make sure she is okay "You okay?" I whisper since she is very close to me.

"Yes" a quiet yes leaves her lips before her big doe eyes blinks at me and the glance at the others hesitantly who are still grinning widely.

As if asking me, what did they just say about being pregnant and all.

"What happened darling?" Mamma rushes towards us and Jannat sits up controlling herself from leaning on my shoulder, "why did you even bring her down? She is not in the state to walk around" Mamma glares at me. And I could only look at her weirdly.

"She was thirsty and we didn't had water in our room, so she insisted on coming down" I shrug but my mind is still on what Inaya said, which they are trying to not mention.

Jannat is one stubborn brat who wouldn't listen until I pin with a dangerous glare, that much I've learnt after weeks of being married.

Thinking everybody would look at her weirdly, for falling sick just in a month of getting married she insisted on coming down to get water.

I cannot understand girls at all sometimes.

"Thirsty? Inaya what are you waiting for go bring a glass of water quickly" Inaya was already out of the kitchen as soon as her name was called.

Okay this is very very weird.

Jannat looks up at me in confusion not at all understanding the attention she is getting.

But I am not dumb, I can clearly tell what is going inside their heads, and for some reason my blood is boiling at their assumption. Which can make Jannat extremely uncomfortable.

How did they even think she is pregnant? For godsake who was the one who even mentioned about it.

Jannat weakly smiles at Inaya, taking the glass of water from her hand, but again looks at me asking me with her eyes why they are being so overdramatic.

"Don't hesitate to tell me if you want something else okay?" Inaya beams at Jannat who nods awkwardly.

I motioned her to drink the water with my eyes while rubbing her back to smooth her.

"Zain I know everything is new for you but you should take care of her, now you need to be more responsible! Did you get that?" My tongue automatically pokes my inner cheek so I do not use my tongue and utter things I shouldn't.

Mamma please be quiet before I snap.

Sighing I nod "But he is taking care of me" Jannat mumbles quietly as if feeling bad that I got scolded "Its good if he is, but he needs to be more careful" oh god.