Chapter 10: Saad

Saad's pov:

"Take the utensils, if dad asks, tell him that she is having fever, so I am checking her" I said as I handed her the pills. I saw her wince as she moved her arm. She gulped down the medicine with a small sip of water, making me frown again. She looked delicate, but she was strong.... very strong.

The maid left quickly closing the door behind her. I started taking out the things, which she would need for her wounds.

"I took the medicine,... now leave" She mumbled looking at me with a passive face. Why isn't there any hate on her face? Doesn't she hate me for what I did?I thought to myself.

Little did he know, she didn't love herself enough to hate him for hurting her. She blamed herself for everything what happened. She didn't know how to love herself, how to treasure her own feelings. She was a scarred soul on whom he just placed a few more scars......

"You needs to take care of the wounds on your arms" I informed her as I moved to do it for her. But she scooted away, I stopped right there. She looked at her arms, moving the sleeves up softly, wincing every so often. After examining the wounds, she looked up at me with tears filled eyes, her lower lip was trembling. "Its just scratches, I can do it myself" she said in a firm voice as she picked up the cotton and dettol from the bed to clean the dried blood.

I stood there keeping a watch on her, I wasn't sure if she could really do it herself. And even though the wounds were merely scratches but they could still leave marks for weeks or months if not taken care of properly.

My frown just went deeper, when she started cleaning her wound. She wasn't being soft about it even if it was burning, she was doing it thoroughly. It was clear that she wasn't tending to herself for the first time.

I placed the medicinal tube near her as she got done with cleaning the wound, after that I threw the used cotton in dustbin and other things in the box for her later use. She wiped the tears with the back of her hand as she picked up the tube. I fisted my hands as her eyes flickered towards me several times. It wasn't sitting well with me, even after all what happened, she still didn't have any hate in her eyes for me.

Once, she got done, she lied down. I turned the lights off and exited the room. I saw dad coming towards the stairs with a worried expression on his face, my jaw ticked. " How is she?" He asked.

"Its just fever, she will be fine soon. I said and when he took a step towards the stairs still I stopped him" She has fallen asleep after taking the medicine, don't waste your time "I barely contained the venom in my voice as I headed forward.

"Where are you going? Eat breakfast first " He called when he saw me not going towards the dining room.

"I have an important lecture, I will be late if I sit for breakfast right now " I said barely maintaining a civil behavior, as I headed towards the living area.

I begrudgingly told that maid to check on her around 11 am and prepare some porridge for her too. She wouldn't have been able to digest heavy food seeing her morning condition.

I kept thinking about different things at the same time, It was all jumbled up inside my head, making me more irritable and frustrated.

I took my seat without even looking for Arsh and Affan and opened the book I had been reading lately.

"Is it my imagination or are you really in a worse mood than usual ?" Arsh said as he flopped on the seat beside mine. I flicked him a gaze and then focused back on my book, trying to clear all the thought going on in my head.

"Definitely worse " Affan said from the seat behind mine. I didn't bother replying, they knew better than to keep bugging me when I was like this. I was going to be more bearable once my mind cleared out.

The lecture started, I attended the classes on autopilot, and there really wasn't anything new which I missed not giving the lecture my attention.

"Seriously man! did some new comer proposed you or what ?" Arsh asked once the lectures ended and my mood hadn't got better.

"Why are you sure its a new comer? The juniors haven't even come yet "Affan raised a point.

"Because I know all the others already know how much of an Ice man he is, they won't bother getting insulted again. It must be a new comer." Arsh said just increasing my headache.

"Shut it, there's nothing like that" I said, giving a look which was more affective that my words. I left alone in my car afterwards...............

____________

Wo kehte hen k khud aziat adat he hmari
Koi poochy unsy.. esi jaanlewa aadaten bhi kia khud, khud ko daali jaati hen?
_______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️❤️❤️