Chapter 55: Mirha

Mirha's pov:

As soon, as Saad stopped the car in front of Arsh and Affan's house.Arsh demanded "Delete the pic now"making me chuckle.

Daneen deleted it "it was a nice trip" she said irritated Arsh just a bit more. Hashir also got out there as his car was parked at their house. 

It was evening, by the time we entered Ibraahim mention. After greeting Dado and uncle, we headed towards our room. I was tired and wanted to take some rest. We both freshened up, I fell asleep right away as Saad headed out of the room.

By the time I woke up, It was 11 pm. To my happiness, Saad was sitting on the bed beside me.

"You haven't slept" I stated rubbing my eyes as he closed the book. I was feeling hungry.

"No, are you not sleepy anymore?" Saad asked looking at me. 

"I am hungry" I told him as I got out of the bed.

"I haven't eaten dinner yet too. Lets go downstairs" Saad stood up as well.

"Give me a few minutes" I said and headed towards the washroom to brush my teeth. I wrapped a shawl around me as we got out of the room. I was only in my night suit.

Saad placed the plates and water on the table as I warmed up the food. We ate dinner in silence mostly. 

-----------------------

Next day, Dado had called me to her room, on the way, Saad's words kept running through my head.

She was sitting on the bed with her back against the head board. She had some jewelry boxes  placed on the bed beside her. 

"Come here" She smiled calling me near. 

I sat on the bed as she opened the jewelry boxes "These are some family ornaments, I wanted to give these to you ,but didn't get the time"Dado moved the boxes near me. Each piece was unique in its own way. It would mean a lot to me if you wear something from these on the reception as its our tradition, but if you don't want to its perfectly fine. You can get anything you prefer to go with the lehnga"Dado said, making my heart melt. 

I placed a hand on hers, staying still even as my body stiffened. I took a deep breathe remembering Saad's words. Nothing was going to harm me. I remembered the dress I was going to wear for Reception in pistachio color and looked at the boxes to find the jewelry which would go perfectly with it. It helped me take my mind off the contact too.

"It would go perfectly with the dress, Dado. And I would love to wear it"I gave her a sweet smile as I picked up the box with red stone jewelry. It was a stunning piece with minor detailed work.

"You would look more beautiful with it"Dado said placing a hand on my head. My heart beat sped up, but I didn't plan on moving away. She loved me and there wasn't a chance of her hurting me, I didn't see any point of avoiding her touch any more. 

At night, as I laid in bed with Saad checking mails on his phone. I pulled at his sleeve, wanting his attention on me.

"hmm?"he asked still looking at his phone.

"listen to me"I mumbled pulling at his sleeve again. I wanted him closer. It wasn't warm enough without him in the blanket.

Saad clicked the screen two three times and then placed the cell on the side table."yes?"he asked with a small smile on his face, making me all  giddy inside. He was so handsome, how did he even fall for me?

"I touched dado two three times today, and by the end, it wasn't weird at all" I said. What I didn't tell him was how it wasn't similar to his touch, yet it was soothing, but nothing close to how he made me feel protected and warm inside.

"That's good" Saad said as he got under the blanket moving in the middle of the bed almost so that I was right beside him. He ran a hand through my hair, making me sigh in bliss. His comforting scent surrounded me and I just wanted to sleep at that moment. 

"Aren't you going to sleep yet?" I mumbled barely able opening my eyes. A full smile came on my lips as he laid down, letting me rest my head on him."I am not sleepy yet" he said, but it barely registered. He was where I wanted him to be. 

--------------------------

Saad's pov: 

I picked up my phone as I felt Mirha's deep breathing on my chest. I kissed her hairline, whiffing her hair every now and then as she stayed asleep and I got done with the work. Dado wasn't going to let me work near reception so I needed to take care of it now. 

Reception was on wednesday, most of the things were already taken care of. I was happy that Mirha was back to being her lovely self. I opened her palm which was resting on my waist. Only the marks were left, hopefully, they would disappear soon too. Those marks reminded me how I had failed to take care of her, even if it was just a misunderstanding. I promised to myself, never to let anything like this happen again.

--------------------------

Words.... The words she speak, the anger she uses, the frustration she shows... It hits me deeper than I would let her know, it makes me choke on my tears, though,I wont let her see a tear fall .....

_________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️