Chapter 33

Mirha's pov:

Saad didn't talk for a while after that, he kept driving quietly. He took me to Ayubia and then Nathia gali. I was lost in the beauty surrounding me. The greenery and the sky blending on the edges making it feel like the whole place was a part of the sky. I couldn't help the smile which wasn't leaving my lips. 

"Let's eat and then we can look around" Saad said taking a smooth turn around the hill. 

"Okay" I agreed, It was already past 2 pm. Saad had parked the car a bit away. I was looking around seeing down the hill. The whole area was covered in greenery. 

Saad's pov:

I watched Mirha look around. The smile on her face was nothing I had seen before. It was doing things to me which no girl had ever been able to. Mirha was a step ahead of me, lost in herself and I also stayed just behind her. It was easier to watch her this way....

Mirha took a step back suddenly, bumping in my chest. She quickly turned towards me moving away, the look on her face made me frown. The color had left her face, she looked lost in her own head. I could identify that look, she was on the verge of panicking.

"Relax, It was just me. Nothing happened" I said calmly, but she wasn't looking at my face.

"Mirha!"her eyes snapped to me "Relax.... You know that I wouldn't hurt you" I kept my eyes and voice calm, even though there was a storm building in me. I was hoping that she was finally moving forward after what happened last night, but right now, it all felt like....... nothing.

Mirha took some deep breathes, I watched as her cheeks reddened. "There... there was a monkey, I got flustered. I- I wasn't ready for the contact, it just startled me" she pointed towards the edge where she saw the monkey and then turned towards me trying to explain.

"Its okay." I wanted her to calm down. The need to know what had happened to her, why she behaved like this was unbearable at that moment.

"Let's go" I said pointing towards the restaurant I wanted to take her to. It was just a few steps ahead. 

Mirha was fidgety even after we sat down." When have you started painting?" I asked her.

She looked at me, as if trying to figure out what brought this question up, but then sighed softly.

"In school" she fell silent again.

"hmmm. What inspires you to paint?" I questioned. 

"Its- its everything and nothing" she frowned again, showing that she was thinking hard, trying to gather the answer.

"Meaning?" I asked, just then the waiter came with our food."Is there anything else you want,Sir?" He asked. 

"No"I focused back on Mirha, slightly irritated with the interruption.

"Its --a way for me to let my emotions out. Putting different colors on the canvas, the paint strokes, it calms me down. I paint whatever comes to my mind standing in front of canvas, sometimes, there's just the urge to paint a thing, to give it the colors I want on canvas, that makes me hold the brush and paint..."Finally, she was relaxing, I could feel her nervousness falling away as she talked more and more about her passion as we ate. I listened to her intently, questioning her here and there. 

Once we were done eating, I paid the bill and then we headed towards the exit of the restaurant. The happy energy which had been surrounding her most of the day was present around again. She was excited about the places I was going to show her now. 

"Mirha.... Will you be able to hold my hand? It would be easier this way. I would be able to keep you at my side. There are a lot of monkeys in this area" I questioned her. 

She looked hesitant and somewhat scared...... "butterfly, We did it last night. You know that I won't hurt you" I focused on her eyes, keeping my eyes calm.

She nodded reluctantly, I opened my hand in front of her urging her to hold it and she did slowly. I took her to the tourist place around. She was nervous in the beginning, her eyes kept going to our joined hands, I could feel the nerves in her hand, making it shiver ever so often.

"Look there" I showed her a beautiful spot.

Finally, it started working after a while. Her hands tightened slightly around my hand whenever she got excited seeing something. We spent another hour there. I saw her laugh watching monkeys. The things happening inside me on that sight was somewhat worrying me. I wasn't ready for all this.......

"We should head back" I said out of nowhere, making her look at me with a frown and I regretted it instantly. 

"Okay... " She said, I pursed my lips telling myself that this was better. On the drive back to Murree, I could feel the emptiness in my hand, in which I was holding her hand, the need to hold her again, and it was suffocating me even more.

We returned to the cottage in the evening, Mirha went to freshen up right way. Khanum came to ask if we wanted anything. 

"Nothing for now" I told her sitting in the living area. I spent sometime just sitting there, trying to analyze this situation , the changes which were happening. I entered our room, I needed to freshen up and change, my eyes went to the bed as soon as I opened the door. She was asleep on the bed already. I moved towards the bed unconsciously, wanting to see her face.

I wasn't ready for all this, I had understood that I couldn't hate her, I wanted her to heal. But the peace I felt in her presence, The happiness which dawned on me seeing her happy, the urge to be near her wasn't supposed to be there. I hadn't wanted all this. She was doing things to me, no girl had ever been able to, and I wasn't ready for it. "Not hating her is a different thing, but I surely can't be feeling this......"I shook my head , but deep down, the dread of the simple thought told me that it was already done......

-----------------------
Me nhi jaanta, ye kasak mere dil me kiun uthti he....
Yaa shaed jaanta hun mgr kehne ki himmat nhi rkhta......
______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️

Finally, I am fine and back. Missed you all❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️