Chapter 48:Mirha

Mirha's pov:

After 2 weeks.

We were finally done with our exams, I was extremely excited for our vacations. It was friday and we decided to leave for Sawat on monday. 

I took a nap after we returned home from university, by the time I woke up, Hira informed that Saad's cousin had come to meet us. 

I quickly freshened up and headed downstairs only to find a beautiful girl sitting beside dado, talking to Saad and uncle. 

"Come Mirha, meet Daneen, Altamash's sister" Dado introduced me to her. And I remembered, she must be the daughter of Saad's aunt, studying in Lahore who couldn't come to the wedding. 

"Assalamu Alaikum!" I greeted her from afar and took a seat on the sofa, Saad was sitting on. 

"Walaikum Assalam. You are more beautiful in real than the pictures I have seen of you" she said tucking a strand of her honey brown hair behind her ear. 

"Thanks.... I guess" I said and moved my hand from my lap to the sofa uncomfortably. 

"She focused back on Dado, as I felt Saad's hand on mine, He squeezed it lightly. I looked at him, trying to find my comfort in his eyes. 

He gave me a small smile, moving closer, he put an arm behind me on the sofa. 

"I came as soon as I got vacations. The regret is never ending that I couldn't be on the nikkah. But what can be done now" She said.

"I am going to have their reception arranged in these vacations itself. I am not listening to you anymore Saad. I think,30th December would be a good date, you would have also returned from the trip by then"  Dado spoke to Saad. She already had all the plans ready in her mind. 

"As you wish" Saad agreed with a smile, and dado turned back to Daneen. 

"You should stay till then " Dado said.

"Sure Dado, I will go to meet Mama and bhai tomorrow morning, and return by the evening, if everything goes well" She said will a gorgeous smile. 

The dinner was served, my attention was towards her during the whole time. She was different... very different to me. She wore a capri kurta with a shawl wrapped around her shoulders. She was very elegant and sober compared to my tomboyish dressing.

The way she spoke was very alluring, I spent a lot of my time just playing with food.

I was the first one to leave for my room as it was already late for the time we usually headed towards our room to. I heard Dado and uncle also taking their leave as I took the stairs. 

After entering my room, I changed into my night clothes and sat on the bed after I was done with my night routine. I spent sometime just sitting trying to find something to do, but after a while, I couldn't ignore the reason of my malaise. I was waiting for Saad who hadn't come to the room till now. It had never happened before, even when he needed to do work, he would just do it in the bedroom. I kept waiting and waiting sitting on the bed. It was around 11 am by the time he returned. 

I laid down quickly, but it was of no use. He had already seen me awake, and got startled. "You are awake, I thought that you must be asleep by now" he came to my side, and touched my hair. 

"Where were you till now?" I asked in a small voice.

"Daneen had stopped me, we have met after months, so she just wanted to sit and talk for a while" he said and I felt my heart constricting. I didn't know, why his answer was making me so unhappy. 

Saad's pov:

I watched Mirha's face, there was a gloomy look on her face, but I couldn't find the reason of it. 

"Hmmmm. Good night" She whispered and turned on the other side, I watched her back with a raised eyebrow. What had gotten into her since evening. 

"Good night" I said, deciding to give her some space. Maybe, it were just mood swings. I had studied that girls could act really out of character because of hormonal changes etc.

When I came to bed, I saw that Mirha's eyes were shut tightly, but she wasn't asleep yet. 

I kept watching her for a few minutes, the frown on her forehead kept appearing and disappearing. I moved closer to her. 

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" I asked placing a hand on her forehead. She opened her eyes and our eyes met for a second before she closed them again. But in that one second, I had clearly seen a sheen of tears in them. 

"Mirha, why are you sad?" I asked again. But she only turned on her side towards me and pushed her face on my side. 

"Mirha" I called again placing a hand on her head, but didn't try to move her back, or look at me.

"I am okay, just need to sleep" She mumbled, still pressed to my side. But she gave me a shock, throwing her arm around my stomach, clutching me to her. 

I didn't say anything, just stayed there. Letting her take the comfort she needed, and the space she required.

----------------------

Khud aziati ki hd pr tha me

Jb us sy uski doosri muhbt ka poocha tha.....

____________

Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️