fainting in the studio (2)

namjoon's heart leaps into his throat when the nurse comes bearing good news.

they are allowed to go inside and see jungkookie now. he, of course, almost jumps out of his skin to see their baby maknae fit and kicking again but the universe doesn't seem to be on his side because seokjin is faster than him and almost barrels into the room before namjoon can say "thanks" to the wide-eyed nurse. poor lady. namjoon mentally puts up a reminder to go back and thank her again as he follows his overexcited hyung into the room.

it's white and bare but somehow with jungkook lying wide awake, an orange glow lighting up his gorgeous features, namjoon finds it easier to like the aesthetic. his baby brother looks so fresh and alive and namjoon almost cries when jungkook sends him his signature bunny smile, nose scrunching up adorably in the warm light.

seokjin immediately rushes to drag a chair right next to the bed jungkook is sitting upright in, dragging an extra chair for namjoon as well, which earns him a glare from the old man that neither of them noticed was sharing rooms with jungkook. the man is lying in his own bed, grumbling under his breath, unhappily. he gives namjoon a dirty look as he comes in after seokjin.

namjoon sends the man an apologetic bow before scurrying over to jungkook's bed, bringing his his chair to his maknae's other side.

once the two hyungs are settled in their seats, jungkook launches into a tirade - "hyungs! oh my god! this place is so lovely! the nurse is actually two years older than me so we get along really well but i do feel bad that she has to waste her time. i think i'm feeling better now that i've eaten properly. i was so hungry and she noticed because my stomach grumbled really loudly when she was giving me a vitamins shot, which...aish, that was embarrassing and i-"

namjoon is grinning so widely it hurts, and seokjin is just as bad. they're both so whipped for this boy, it's not even funny.

"- and can you believe that they knew yoongi hyung in his underground days? i was so surprised and that also surprised them. i won't lie but it made me wish i knew hyung in his early days too. it probably wasn't too different but i think he was shorter -"

jungkook is cut off by a sniffle from seokjin and a whole sob from namjoon, which-- how embarrassing. the younger looks at both hyungs with shock blooming in his large eyes.

"h-hyungs?" he whimpers, watching his two wise hyungs fall apart in front of him. "what's wrong-"

jungkook's hand is clasped tightly in namjoon's in an instant and is brought up to his hyung's lips for a chaste kiss. the younger stares at their leader in surprise, a blush beginning to coat his cheeks.

"-oongukah we were really worried," seokjin quivers, his own hand coming up to cup the younger's flaming cheeks.

jungkook clenches his jaw, then swallows roughly around the emotions welling up in his throat. "i'm sorry i worried you. the pain actually started last night," he confesses. namjoon nods for him to go on, seokjin's thumb still caressing his cheekbone. jungkook takes a deep breath and continues, "there was a sharp pain in my head and i knew it would get worse. i know that it's wrong to keep these things to myself. t-there's a protocol for these things, i know. but - i was too scared. some golden maknae i am," he scoffs, "i can't even go for a checkup alone." a tear trickles down his cheekbone and jungkook takes his hand back from namjoon to wipe it away before it has the chance to fall.

the room is silent for a while. namjoon processes his maknae's words and he assumes seokjin is doing the same thing - both of them thinking of the perfect way to express what they want to say to jungkook to lessen his pain and yet also bring awareness to him that this is not okay. that he cannot hide things like this when it can very much end up with him in hospital or god-forbid, kill him.

"i'm sorry you had to see me like that," jungkook says, voice stronger than before. "i will try to not let it happen again. i know i sound pathetic because i say that a lot but i really will try hyung," jungkook looks directly into namjoon's eyes, piercing with determination. "i promise."

namjoon doesn't think he needs to say anything. maybe he will talk more about this with jungkook tomorrow or even the day after, but not now. right now his maknae needs love and appreciation and a lot of rest.

seokjin smiles. "love you, jungkook-ah," he sings.

jungkook smiles his precious bunny smile again, this time with more nose scrunch and namjoon absolutely melts. his baby brother is so cute -

another sob has the three of them looking up in confusion. the old man is crying openly, watching the three of them with a pained look in his milky, white eyes.

"th-that was b-beautiful," he weeps, blowing his nose loudly into a handkerchief. 

jungkook laughs and thanks the man, saying that he reminds him of his grandfather, to which the man also laughs through his tears. the conversation lights up from there and namjoon can finally feel himself relax into his chair, hand still encasing jungkook's, giving it a squeeze every now and then.

-

yeh okay, two updates in a day? waahhh i really went all out lol

but pls, how was it? i didn't want to rush it but i kinda did. oops.

i'll see you next timeee :))

tera