rat poison (2)

tw // swearing, dubious medical advice, doctors are bashed (not literally)

i'm not a medical professional so things are going to be inaccurate. if you happen to be in the same predicament then seek medical advice immediately. DO NOT DO WHAT THE STORY SAYS!

also, i sincerely apologise for the wait. 

-

Alright, so Jungkook is no saint when it comes to looking after himself but Jin's taking it bit too far.

"Jungkook..." Jin pleads, giving his shoulder a squeeze. "It's only one sip, hmm? You can do it."

Jungkook gives him a sour look. Keeping the blood in his mouth is hard on its own, and his lips are beginning to cramp, but now his head is pounding. Jungkook groans as another dizzy spell tips him over right into Jin.

"Yah!" Jin shrieks, instinctively catching the younger around his waist before he falls. Jungkook drops his head on his hyung's shoulder, eyes drooping. Blood and saliva gather at the corner of his mouth, gliding down to his chin. Using his sleeve to wipe away the blood, Jin brings Jungkook closer to his chest, arms curling around him protectively. Under any other circumstance Jungkook would have cracked a joke about their position but he can't open his mouth, let alone crack jokes without getting worked up.

There's a slight chance I won't make it from this, right? Jungkook feels his blood freeze.

Jin rubs his back a bit forcefully. "You're fine."

The two of them hold each other all the way to the underground parking lot. Then Jungkook is ushered into a sleek, black van, and Jin waves Jimin over and gets in next to him. His older brothers look two seconds from passing out.

Once the door is shut, Jungkook closes his eyes and wishes he could pass out but the van pulls out of the parking lot and speeds down the road.

-

"Does he really need Sejin hyung? Are you sure?"

"It's serious," Jimin says, rubbing his mouth against his bracelet. "Can you- can you just come here? Please? Jungkook's not looking great and he needs a- a parent or something because he's coughing blood and Jin hyung's not listening to me-"

"- calm down-"

"- and he's not even a guardian, so he can't legally accept the treatment on Jungkook's behalf. He's not listening- and, aish-"

"- Jimin-ah..." 

"- so he needs to get here right now, or so help me I'll get him myself-"

"Jimin, calm down!" Yoongi explodes. His husky voice stops Jimin from yelling back, but only slightly. Jimin is still breathing unnecessarily fast for someone who's sitting down, so he takes the momentary silence as permission to calm down. 

He stops biting the beads at his wrist and the jittery feeling in his fingers is taken care of when he places his hands under his thighs, letting them turn yellow. 

The hospital room is a blur of doors and corridors, with the strong scent of sanitiser wafting down the hallways. Usually these clinical settings excite Jimin because hospitals mean recovery. But he's just seen his dongsaeng cough up an alarming amount of blood and other things, as well as his hyung go crazy over said blood. It's been a wild few hours - and he cannot for the life of him remember why he called Yoongi in the first place.

"Jimin, I can't come," Yoongi says after some time. "It's a twelve hour drive and there're no flights for the next ten hours. I just checked...so you might..." Yoongi sighs, clicking his tongue. "...you might have to make the decision alone or call his parents. Which, speaking of--why have you not called them yet? This is insane, Jimin-ah! You guys are insane."