fainting in the studio

jungkook likes to think he's patient when things get tense in the bangtan dorm but today he feels like calling it quits and punching himself in the face so he can pass out already and just lay unconscious-

"ya! jungkook-ah, what do you think? tell hyung that we should record the adlibs tomorrow~"

yep, jungkook would rather be unconscious than deal with jimin's nagging right now. somewhere in his head jungkook knows he's being unfair but his head is literally splitting open right now and nothing but relief from his pain is going to make this day better, not even jimin's soft pout directed at him, which usually makes him cringe with happiness. but not today. no, definitely not today.

the door to the bathroom opens to reveal a disgruntled seokjin who looks startled at everyone's attention directed towards him. jungkook has to cut him some slack as it's quite rare for all seven of them to be in one room at the same time. it's just not ideal to have all seven members cramped together if it's not for something absolutely important - which is why jungkook thinks the "problem" they are all discussing can wait. he doesn't think recording adlibs for life goes on is a good idea anyway, since it might clash with their dance practice tomorrow. but he chooses to keep silent lest his headache gets worse.

"ah, hyung," namjoon smiles, dimples on display. "what do you think about recording stay tonight?" he asks their eldest member. jungkook thinks they should record it any other time than tonight. but that's just his opinion.

seokjin smiles back at their leader, "come on then, let's do it."

then he looks at jungkook and suddenly frowns, eyes narrowing. jungkook can see the exact moment his eldest hyung knows something is wrong. he tries to smile back at his hyung so that he looks natural but tonight jungkook is too tired to pretend. seokjin hums, walking towards him with strong steps, he doesn't seem to notice the attention he's brought to jungkook. hobi hyung looks worried now.

great. this is going well.

jungkook watches the marble floor with a sour look, avoiding everyone's stares.

"let's go," namjoon breaks the silence, chucking his phone in yoongi's direction, who catches it without flinching. it's a skill that they've all developed around namjoon, the ability to take whatever he throws their way - physically and mentally. it had to be learnt for survival reasons, you know. safety first, and all that.

taehyung and jimin whine in unison like the soulmates they are and jungkook can hear yoongi call a driver for them. this is going to be a long night, one where he's going have to prepare his voice. fun.

it's alright. he's jeon jungkook. he's got this.

"jungkook," seokjin pats his back roughly, "what's wrong?"

jungkook swallows. "my head hurts and i need sleep hyung." there's no point keeping this to himself. one way or the other he'll have to tell them. might as well say it straight up, no lies.

seokjin nods calmly. "i know the feeling," he smiles. "just power through it tonight, okay? namjoonie's booked the studio for us and i have a good feeling about tonight's session. we'll do well, won't we? we'll give our youngest a track that he's proud of." seokjin rubs his shoulder comfortingly and jungkook almost cries at the soft words his hyung is suddenly spewing. he secretly loves this side of jin hyung but the embarrassment is still there and he's sure seokjin has noticed jungkook's awkwardness because in the next second his hyung pushes him towards the door, shoving his jacket into jungkook's chest, saying, "keep warm brat."

the the trip down to the lobby is a rush of voices as jungkook, namjoon and seokjin load into the black car parked out front, masks covering their faces from any cameras that may catch them. they can never be too careful and jungkook's so used to it that it bothers him when he doesn't have one on. he thinks it's very important that he wears one, especially with the pandemic that's been ruining everyone's year.