appendicitis (p1 collab)

So I wanted to ask abt this because I'm not sure - are we supposed to capitalise the word 'hyung' ??? like I was so confused I changed it back and forth so many times ughhh

Anyway, this is my second collab in this book, and it's with @ThisIsLiLi 

Yeah, so this is the first part - PART ONE - of our collab; please check out Liana's book (Tales You Don't Tell) for part two

I'm so happy it's finally out because damn, I made Liana wait MONTHS for my part 

IM SO SORRY 

tw // semi-panic attack, crying, vomiting

-

"Like you can do any better, Taehyung, " Jimin growls, shooting the smiling boy a dirty look.

"I think I can."

"Remember when you lost against Kook-ah?"

Taehyung's smile disappears.

"That was one time," he states firmly, "and Jungkook also won against you, which you sulked about for a whole week, so I had to clean up after -"

"Yes, yes," Jimin cuts him off, "we get it; I have shit friends."

"I think the flyers were cute -"

"- oh fuck off -"

"- and you looked good in that chess advert. Even Jin hyung liked it."

"He stuck it on his fridge," Jimin deadpans.

"Yes, which means he liked it."

Jungkook smiles into his mug of perpetually hot coffee. He loves this exchange.

"Since when do you drink coffee, Kook?" Hoseok whispers from his right, removing his attention from Jimin and Taehyung. "Did hyung run out of milk?" 

Jungkook cracks a smile. "No, I don't drink milk anymore, hyung, and Yoongi hyung - well, he only has expired milk in his fridge."

Hoseok makes a face. "That's disgusting."

"- aaaaand checkmate! "

Both boys turn to see Jimin slamming his fists into the air, eyes resembling small crescent moons. Taehyung looks proud despite his earlier teasing. He presses a loud kiss on Jimin's forehead, eagerly proclaiming, "I knew you'd win," and "my soulmate is a genius!"

Namjoon shakes his head, bemused. "Congrats, Jimin-ah."

Jimin grins. "Next time," he says, "I'll take you on, Yoongi hyung!"

There's some protesting from Yoongi, which then turns into him proposing a challenge, to which everyone responds enthusiastically. Then, the room lights up as they all yell ideas for the loser's penalty.

Jungkook feels happy and content, but a spike of pain in his abdomen reminds him of the work he needs to finish by tonight. But, of course, it's only nine o'clock at night, and Jungkook is pretty good at revising notes at a fast speed...it's just that - well, his stomach has been acting weirdly. He can't eat much, and that's bad in itself, but there are also these random stabs of pain that render him useless in conversations. So it's probably for the better that they go home. 

He edges closer to taehyung, softly fiddling with his black coat.

"Let's call it a night?" 

Taehyung looks up from his phone. "Yes, it's late," he agrees, "and you have class tomorrow, don't you?"