stomach bug

so... this was supposed to be out as soon as i got the request but finals happened and omg my soul left my body tbh 

but i hope the wait was worth it! also, thanks for the request :)

here is taekook being real life bros 

tw // vomiting, dizziness, and lots of crying koo

-

it's been a fat minute since jungkook's last exam. he's a nursing student at seoul's most renowned university, and needless to say, it takes up most of his time. jungkook is obviously used to the hectic schedule, as he's twelve weeks into his first semester, but nothing can get him used to waking up at the crack of dawn every monday morning for anatomy lab. the saddest part is - he actually loves that class but waking up at 5 am is criminal, even for an early riser like himself.

"jungkook-ah, don't you have lab tomorrow?" taehyung, his older brother, asks, grinning as he slurps his soup.

jungkook shakes his head sadly, sitting down next to his brother. he takes the spoon from his hand, sighing as taehyung ruffles his hair. "it's literally the final week before exams start and i really don't wanna go-" he whines between spoons, teeth clacking against the metal. "maybe," he starts hopefully, "i can take one day off?" jungkook gives taehyung his biggest, most adorable pout.

unfortunately, his brother is used to his antics and merely shrugs, taking the spoon back from him and getting off the couch to get something else to eat. "i feel like ramen," taehyung says, rummaging through their kitchen drawers for two packets of shin ramyun.

"can you make me some too?" jungkook begs from the living room.

"sure."

it's a sunday night, so indulgence is okay. especially after the crap week jungkook's had, turning up for classes half dead and ready to bury himself with the used cadavers from anatomy lab; jungkook probably looked like a zombie to all his classmates, eyes bruised purple and nose dripping from the winter cold. his limbs became increasingly heavy as the week went on, and now, on sunday night, he feels like something nightmarish is pulling him down, gravity making his bones rattle whenever he gets up on two feet.

sticking to his words, taehyung makes two packets of ramyun, mixing the seasoning with a little bit of hot water before adding the noodles to the pot. jungkook sags on the couch, watching his brother mill about the kitchen like a pseudo-chef. as he watches his hyung cook, something heavy grows in his chest, spreading like a deadly virus, but he pays it no mind. he's just tired. it's probably normal to feel this way.

as taehyung sets the table, jungkook's bones ache with every breath he takes. there's a sharp pain in his head and all he can think about is failing his final exam. what if he makes a mistake? what if his mind goes blank during the test and he forgets everything? what if—

"jungkookie, it's ready!"

jungkook snaps out of his thoughts, looking up to see taehyung arrange a pair of chopsticks in front of a large bowl of ramyun on the dining table. it's steaming heavily, sending the delicious scent of hot noodles and spicy seasoning around their apartment. jungkook smiles at the sight, slowly getting up from the couch to join his brother at the dining table.

he picks up his chopsticks with a big grin. "thanks for the food," he tells the room and digs in. taehyung smiles and leans in to take a bite as well.

they're halfway through their food when jungkook feels heavy again.

"you okay?" taehyung asks, sensing his younger brother's discomfort. "you look like you're going to be sick."

"i'm fine," jungkook says, although he's beginning to feel lightheaded. the chopsticks feel fuzzy in his hands - like he's grasping at empty air. suddenly, a wave of nausea travels through his chest, making his mouth water in an uncomfortable way. he swallows a few times, trying to avoid throwing up, but the more he does it, the more he feels like dispelling everything in his body.