self blame (2)

as promised, enjoy some more taekook towards the end! 

(also, i didn't proofread for mistakes so i'm sorry if it's a bit eh. i'll fix it when i get the chance :)

tw // panic attack

-

a brilliant rush of perfume and powder clouds jungkook's senses as he sits down in the hair and makeup chair, fiddling with the bracelets on his wrist. the cool, metal bands give him an odd sense of comfort, grounding him in reality and keeping his thoughts tunnelled on the upcoming concert.

the stylist noona twists a lock of charcoal-black hair around her index finger, spraying it with some chemical spray that jungkook is really familiar with. the scent reminds him of their past concerts where he toured the world with his bandmates – those were the times, really, where he felt most himself. but today, he doesn't feel that sense of bubbling apprehension in his gut nor the burning desire to be on stage. instead, his gut is churning like he is about to be sick.

"you're all done," the lady behind him smiles. she waves a chubby hand up and down, signalling the result of her work.

"thank you, noona." jungkook gets up and bows politely. she gives him a big smile and calls jin hyung over, who pats jungkook's arm playfully before sitting himself in the chair.

jungkook decides to change into his jacket now since they have thirty more minutes before show time. the dressing room is filled with people buzzing about, organising their stage outfits accordingly. jungkook walks over to where his black, glittering jacket is hanging and puts it on carefully, making sure to keep his hair out of the way. it's gotten very long now – almost long enough to plait with no baby hairs sticking out.

once he has the jacket on, an assistant sound director comes over to help him put on his mic and attach his mic box around his waist, pulling the wires through his undershirt and jacket. the music director watches out for jungkook's hair as he finishes strapping the sound belt.

"all done, jungkook-ssi."

"thank you," jungkook says, bowing at the man and then heading for the green room. the walk there helps him calm his nerves but when he spots the crowding staff members hyping them up, his stomach drops. the room is filled with raucous laughter and loud cheers, as people from the staff mill about helpfully.

"ten minutes!" comes a yell from one of the staff members. jungkook recognises him from rehearsals.

the bangtan boys walk down the corridor leading backstage, getting last-minute adjustments on their mics and makeup. after everyone is prepared, namjoon calls them into a huddle.

"we got this!" their leader yells at them, which they cheer back at. jungkook does his best to cheer back but it comes out weakly, which hoseok notices, throwing a concerned look his way. jungkook shakes his head, everything is alright. his hyung gets the message and nods minutely, holding jungkook's hand tightly for a second longer before letting go.

"bangtan bangtan bang bangtan!"

a loud eruption of cheering follows their entrance on stage, where they begin performing mic drop.

the stage lights are the first thing that causes jungkook to mess up. he is halfway through mic drop when it's his turn to swap places with taehyung, and suddenly his eyes flash white – the crowd's yelling becoming white noise in the background of this new dizziness he is experiencing – and he steps a little too fast, taehyung's elbow colliding with his rib as they swap places.

jungkook is a professional so he keeps going. he sings his part without any mistake and lines up for their dance break. he pushes his feet to the limit, arms maintaining their position as he turns his back to the fans, ending the song perfectly.