hurt by a robber (2)

Okay, here's the warning- lot's of swearing, maybe some description of blood and violence, and jk being a bubble of emotion towards the end :))

Enjoy!

Hoseok is confused. He's just come into the dorm, despite Jin hyung's protests on the phone, and nothing makes sense. First of all, his youngest brother is lying on the couch, completely out of his mind, as Jin delivers another slap to his cheek. Second, Hoseok is sure he heard something about being stabbed, and that's not sitting well with his sensitive stomach.

He takes a deep breath, filling his lungs with fresh oxygen. A calm and collected front is what he needs. Crawling over to Jungkook's limp body, he takes over for Jin,  pinching the maknae's cheek between two fingers and thinking this was not how I expected the night to go. He should probably make this number one on his list of 'bad things happening to tannies'. 

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook," he hisses at the unresponsive boy. "This isn't the time to play dead. We have things to do, and you kind of need to be awake for a lot of them." He doesn't know what he's saying, but it seems to work as the words pierce right through Jungkook's head. The youngest cringes; his body is coming to awareness. His nose starts scrunching in the biggest scrunch Hoseok has witnessed to date. He'll have to add this to his other list. 'Tannies being cute in weird situations'. 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Hoseok sits up straight, knees digging into the carpet below as he pats Jungkook on the head. "How're you feeling?" he murmurs into his ear. 

Jin shuffles closer to both of them, giving Jungkook's head a smooth stroke. It reminds Hoseok of that scene from The Lion King, where one of the adult lions licked their child clean. 

"Hyung," Jungkook croaks. "I think there's something wrong."

His words snap Hoseok out of his lion thoughts real quick. He's known Jungkook for about ten years, and this is probably the fourth time he's heard that from him. I think there's something wrong. Because that is not something, Jeon Jungkook says. At all. The boy's usually reserved in severe matters; he shies away from that kind of talk, which Hoseok learnt through years of experience. Trial and error. A lot of trial and error.

"Why don't we get that wound checked out, JK? It might be infected."

Hoseok mentally flicks his forehead. Why didn't he think of that?

"Let's take you to the hospital, hmm?" he says instead, sending Jin a grateful smile and sliding his arm under Jungkook's shoulders to lift him. Truthfully, this maknae weighs a tonne. But Hoseok refuses ever to stop carrying him. No matter how big his baby brother gets, he will be there to hold him when he needs to be held. 

Jungkook is not himself when they reach Hobi's parked car. He looks pale and shivers now and then, another sign that something is well and truly wrong. 

As they lay Jungkook at the back to be comfortable (but with his buckle on), Hoseok and Seokjin share another look of concern. They don't want to talk about this before Jungkook, as it won't be pleasant for the maknae to hear. But they have no choice. It's better to communicate in an uncomfortable situation than risk the chance of something else going completely wrong. 

"We should have washed it or at least applied some of that antibiotic ointment." 

"That could have made it worse. Going to the hospital is safer for Jungkook right now. Imagine we apply something deadly. Aish."

"I don't think ointment makes wounds worse, Hobi. That's not how that works."

"Are you a doctor now, Hyung?"