rat poison

tw // mild swearing, description of blood

-

It's a Saturday evening, and BTS members have decided to spend the night at the studio. It's not ideal, but it brings back memories from their debut. Those early days aren't a bitter memory anymore, but they continue to remind them of how far they've come.

It's hard to look back at their earlier bangtan bombs and see those overworked children put in so much effort while struggling so hard. But given the way things are now, they feel a sense of pride in their past selves. If it hadn't been for 2013 bangtan, 2021 bangtan wouldn't exist.

"I think we should do a doggy pile," Jimin says. He's on his back on the dance studio floor, and his hair is still wet from practice. Jungkook watches his hyung roll around on the floor and smiles. Jimin hasn't changed at all. None of them have.

"Yes. I'm so down." Taehyung grins. His hands are buried in a bag of seaweed. Jungkook plops down next to him and takes the bag, and Taehyung lets him dig in without complaint. 

Namjoon looks up from his phone. "Don't you remember what happened last time? I don't want a broken back."

Jungkook hides his smile by shoving more seaweed in his mouth. 

"Yah," Yoongi laughs. "You barely got scratched."

Namjoon frowns. "It was more than a scratch- "

Jungkook chokes on his seaweed. 

"Oh my god- " Jin throws his head back, squealing in laughter.

Taehyung leans over, smiling, and thumps Jungkook on the back. Then he takes the bag from his lap, and the two share a nod of understanding. 

"Okay, I'm down," Jin says. He stands up and hooks an arm over Hoseok's shoulder. "I'm not scared of scratches. Right, Hob-ah?"

Hoseok snorts. "Sure, hyung."

"You're laughing at me." Jin's eyes narrow into two slits. 

"Only a little."

There's a short pause, then they all turn to face Namjoon.

Jungkook begins his mental countdown. 

One

Two

Three-

Namjoon concedes. "Alright." 

He stands and goes to grab a seaweed from Taehyung's outstretched hand.

"But I'm not gonna be at the bottom."

They put him at the bottom.

Jungkook slides on top of him, grunting through his teeth. Then Taehyung jumps on him, eliciting another groan, and Jimin goes next. Jin lays on Jimin and Yoongi on him. Hoseok shimmies to the top, elated at being the most comfortable out of them.

"I hate you guys," Yoongi cries.

He's only got Hoseok on top of him, but Jungkook reckons the height is getting to him. So being the kind maknae he is, he asks, "Too high for you, hyung?" 

Taehyung jabs Jungkook's back with an elbow, eliciting a groan. 

"Apologise to baby hyung, right now," he says, sniffing.

Jungkook coughs in pain. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, baby hyung- "

"Oh, for fuck's sake-!" Yoongi screeches. "Shut up, both of you. I'm taller than Jimin."

"Excuse me-"

"Can we get off now?" Jin wheezes. Yoongi, who's on top of him, won't stop squirming. "You idiots are destroying my back. Hyung has a delicate spine, okay."