28

____

‘So…it was when we were in Kindergarten that we met…’

‘Hyungwon was a tiny kid..
until high school that is.
He used to be so tiny and fragile, I used to protect him all the time.

He was always so sick and he never played with other children in schools. He caught my eyes because he looked so similar with my doll WonWon.

Eventually, I walked up to him and since then we’ve been best friends. 

We used to play a lot in their garden, his parents built them a tree house which he spent most of his time. Whenever we couldn’t find him, we’d immediately went to his tree house and he’d be there. Sometimes when he’s angry at his parents, he’d only allowed me inside his tree house, so his mother usually sent me foods along with lots of medicines to give it to him’

‘He still have lots of medicines with him…he kept them to our bedside table…and yet I never stopped to wonder why and asked him.

He only once said that he gets sick easily.

Oh god, what have I been doing! I’m so stupid!’

‘Wait… “our bedside table” ?’ Her face lits up.

‘Stop what you’re thinking right now. We’re roommates in the dorm. And no, we sleep in separate beds’

‘But did you join them together though?’

‘Actually no…why didn’t I think of that’

‘hahahah don’t worry, you might still get to do that later’

‘So..tell me more?’

‘Oh Right. Where was I?.

Oh, so he couldn’t even finished middle school from school because he was very sick. But he still wanted to study , so he got home schooled.

We rarely get to see each other then but later he get better so he came back in High School. But then, they let him go to all boys school, so we still rarely see each other.

I’ll tell ya, he get so tall he literally towered me, had to look up to talk to talk to him, I couldn’t tease him for being tiny anymore. I was so sad. I miss tiny him.

But he was still a baby though. He was still very fragile and needs all the love and care.’

Wonho could feel his tears welling up as he recall Hyungwon’s face.

He wished he’d met him sooner. He wish to protect him too.
He feel jealous of her.

‘Did you-? Uhm..’

‘What? Did I liked him? Did we dated? ’

‘Yes’

‘No, not in that way, I loved him as a brother. ’ She laughed

‘You don’t seemed surprised by the question’

‘ya think? We get questions related to that every time.
What’s wrong with people who don’t believe a boy and a girl can be best friends pft’

‘I know right..’

‘He talked about you’

‘Really? What he say?’ Wonho asked hopefully

‘He said he had an annoying roommate’

‘Whaat? Just that?’

‘There’s more’

‘Did he say that I’m handsome?’

‘He said he’s a flirt’

‘But only with him I swear’

‘yeah you better be’

They had a good laugh after and didn’t realized the time as they happily talked about Hyungwon.

‘Thank you for today… I’m sorry I forgot to ask your name’

‘Lily’

[a/n Yes you read it right. That’s me 😌]

‘Lily. Thank you for today and also, thank you for always being a good friend to Hyungwon’

‘Thank you for loving our Hyungwonnie too. I really hope the best for you two. Stay strong.’

Then they bid each other goodbyes and split their ways.

Each day Wonho prays for Hyungwon,

minutes passed,

hours,

days,

weeks,

months,

and years…

but there isn’t a second that he didn’t think of him.

           ____    ×   ×   ×   ×   ×   ×____

To be honest I don't actually feel like continuing this story anymore. I don't have time and no motivation at all. But I'm still trying my best to at least complete it.  So here ya go. ^^