22

. . .

It has been 2 weeks since they stuck on the Island and still no sign of anyone searching for them.

They managed to build shelter and collect foods for survival but it’s a natural thing for them to worry every now and then.

Sometimes they lose hope, but Wonho wanted to stay positive for Hyungwon, so he always acted optimistic and cheery.

‘I really missed the others now’

‘Who?’

‘Our classmates, Minhyuk, Jooheon, Kihyun, Shownu, Taehyung, Yoongi, Changkyun…’

As soon as the name Changkyun left from Hyungwon’s lips, Wonho immediately scrunched his face.

‘Why would you miss that brat?’

‘Brat? Who is brat?’

‘Changkyun. Who else!?’

‘Why do you dislike Changkyun so much?’
Hyungwon asked as he laughed.

‘Why should I like someone who have an eye on what’s mine’

Hyungwon raised his eyebrow as Wonho said that.

‘He likes you. You know that. Why did you allow him to approach you?’
Wonho pouted at this point.

‘What do you mean? He didn’t like me!’

‘He obviously did. He looks at you the way I look at you!’

‘oh? But he never said anything’

‘If he confessed… would you have given him a chance?’

Hyungwon stared at him for a minute with no expression.

‘I thought you’re just a flirty brat, but turns out you’re actually cute’

‘What?’

‘Of course not! Why should I give chances to someone I don’t even like’

‘You mean it?’ Wonho smiled like a kid.
‘When we get back, I’m telling everyone that you’re mine okay?’

‘Do as you wish’ Hyungwon answered him shyly.

Wonho grinned from ear to ear. He couldn’t wait for that day.

One day as Wonho came back from fishing, he skipped happily, trying to show off the big fish he had just caught,

he saw Hyungwon, lying on the ground helplessly.

Wonho froze on his place for a second but ran towards Hyungwon the next second.

‘Hyungwon! Hyungwon!’

He held him and shook his body trying to wake him. He collect water to wake him up, he performed CPR, he did everything he could. But Hyungwon didn’t bulge even a bit.

He’s beautiful and pale, looking like a liveless doll.

Wonho panicked not knowing what to do anymore. He cried and cried, holding Hyungwon’s body.

Praying to the heavens, to please save them, with all his might.

Beep…

beep…

beep…

beep...

Wonho tried his best to open his eyes.

He instantly knew that the place isn’t their school dorm nor his room at his house. He don’t know where he is, what happened and how he got there.

As he looked around slowly for a bit, he knew that he’s in the hospital.

Just then, his memories of him and Hyungwon on the Island came back to him like a forceful wave.

‘Hyungwon! Hyungwon!’ He screamed.

Remembering Hyungwon’s pale face.

He wanted to get up and run to find Hyungwon, but his body wouldn’t obey his command.

The nurses and family ran inside as they heard his scream.

‘Son..Son..’

‘Mom’

‘Son..Are you alright?’ His mother asked him, forcing herself to be calm and suppressing her tears.

‘Hyungwon…’ was all Wonho said.

‘Son…’

‘Mom…Hyungwon…where is Hyungwon?’

And then Wonho could feel his eyelids getting heavy again and his head spinning.

The last thing he saw was his mother’s crying face and worriedly standing as the nurses busy checked on  him.

× × ×

🤧🤧🤧