25

_______

Wonho stood outside the gate of Hyungwon’s house.

The house looked like an abandoned house.

The colour faded and there were thorns and vines attached on it.

There was dead trees and plants.

Their yard were full of weeds (unwanted plants XD) , and dry leaves were all around the place.

It looked like a scene from those Horror movies.

But what scares Wonho more than the creepy place is that he’d not find Hyungwon.

He opened the gate that creaks as loud as it could be.

The inside of the house was dead and silent, which makes  even a single sound so extra loud.

There was little light and the wind blows from every windows and holes, as if the sound of the rusty doors and floors ain’t creepy enough.

He was walking around the house that feels like it gets expanded with every steps and the stairs that feels like it gets longer and longer.

‘Wonho?’ He heard a familiar voice.

He turned around but he saw no one.

‘Wonho is that you?’ he heard again, but he couldn’t find where the voice came from.

‘Yes! Hyungwon! It’s me..Wonho’

‘Wonho…’

‘Hyungwon! Where are you!?’ He shouted as he turned around, searching for the voice.

‘Wonho..’ The voice came from outside. Not the frontyard, but the backyard.

There he saw Hyungwon standing, as if he was waiting for Wonho all these times.

The place was weird. It didn’t seemed like a backyard.

‘What is this place?’ Wonho asked out of curiosity.

‘What do you mean? This is where I live’ Hyungwon replied simply.

‘Uh yeah. What happened to your house? It didn’t seemed like anyone lived there’

‘My parents lived somewhere else’

‘oh where?’

‘Over there’

Wonho looked at the place Hyungwon pointed but saw nothing else but what seemed like some graves.

‘Is that graves?’

‘yes’

‘Wait a minute…Is this a graveyard or your backyard?’

‘My backyard duh’ Hyungwon chuckled

‘There are so many graves…’

‘You just realized that now? You’re on top of one right now’ Hyungwon chuckled again

‘Oh Shit! I am!’ He was about to move away from the grave but something caught his eyes.

‘Are these your descendant’s graves or something?’ he asked as he brushed away the dirt.

It was as if the air in his body left as soon as he saw the name written on that gravestone.

“ CHAE HYUNGWON …”

He didn’t dare to read further. He turned around searching for Hyungwon, but he was nowhere.

‘Hyungwon…Hyungwon…’

he cried

and cried

and cried.

‘Wonho! Wonho! Wake up!’

He then opened his eyes.

He saw no graves.

He was lying on his bed, his body covered with sweat, eyes red and his pillows were all wet by his unstoppable tears.

‘It’s alright..It’s alright. It was just a nightmare’ His mother hugged him trying to calm him down.

‘Hyungwon..Hyungwon was…’

‘Shh Shh. I’m sure he’ll be just fine. Don’t worry’

He saw Hyungwon so often in his dreams, but they were mostly the kind of dreams that keep you in a good mood the next whole day.

But recently, after being separated, when he saw Hyungwon in his dreams, it was never the kind of dreams he wished for.

It’s always a nightmare that tortured him.

×××××××××××××