24

* * *

As days passed by, Wonho became better and he eventually returned to school after a few days rest at home.

Even though his parents told him they would talk to their principal to make an exception for a while to go to school from home, he insist that he’s fine.

Though he might not have any physical pain, his heart sure is in pain and his mother couldn’t stand to see his son hurt so much. She can see how much her son loved Hyungwon.

Some people may say they’re just kids, that they won’t even know what true love is. They’ll move on soon.

But her mother knew what love is. She knew, she understands him, because she had been through this.

His dorm room is so quiet he couldn’t sleep.

He slept in Hyungwon’s bed to sleep better, and that would help sometimes.

His friends would always try to cheer him up and invite him to play this and that. but the energetic Wonho doesn’t exist anymore. No one could hype him up to do anything. He would stare at the windows and his face became pale clearly from his lack of sleep.

He asked his mother to visit Hyungwon as often as she could as he was not able to do it, since he’s in a boarding school and one is allowed out from the school campus.

On the weekends, her mother would call and report to him about Hyungwon’s condition.

So far there wasn’t any progress but it he’s not getting worse either, in short, he’s still being in a coma.

‘Mom are you alright?’

‘I should be the one asking you that. Why are you the one asking me first?’ his mom smiled

‘I know I’m always making you worry.. I’m sorry..’

‘What are you talking about. Don’t be like that’

‘I miss you mom’

‘I miss you too… There’s something I have to tell you..’

‘What is it? Is it Hyungwon?’ He asked

‘Yes…’

‘What happened?’

‘Is something wrong? He’s fine..right?’

‘I don’t know..I really hope so’

‘Mom..what do you mean?’

‘I’m sorry son..I wanted to tell you as soon as I heard about it, but I was so worried about you. They discharged Hyungwon’

‘Discharged? Why? He still haven’t woke up , is he not?’

‘Yes. The nurses won’t tell me any other details. They said they could not give out any private information’

‘So are they going to treat him from home?’

‘That also I don’t know.. Should I try and visit them at their home?’

‘That would be great. But I want to visit them myself. Mom can you help me have a day out from school please?’

‘But-’

‘Mom..day after tomorrow is holiday. So I won’t miss any class. Help me get out’

‘Okay. I’ll see what I can do’

‘Thank you. Love you mom’

‘Love you too. Now hang up and sleep well alright?’

‘Okay. Goodnight’

‘Goodnight’

__

‘Do you know his address?’ Minhyuk asked

Wonho shook his head

‘Then how are you going to visit them?’

‘I don’t know… The hospital didn’t allow to give out even their address’

‘What should we do? It’s all because this is a boarding school that we can’t even visit each others houses’ Jooheon said

‘yeah…’

‘Well…’ Kihyun spoke softly. ‘ The teachers would have his address..?’

There was a silence before they all looked at Kihyun, who stayed among them quietly. 

‘Oh RIGHT!!’

‘Of course! Why didn’t we think of that!?’

‘I feel so stupid’

‘Kihyun. You’re the best’

‘Well done Kihyun’

They all shouted asking why they didn’t think of that and complimenting Kihyun, making Kihyun shy. He almost exploded when Shownu praised him and ruffled his head.

‘Should we ask our teacher for help?’
Changkyun suggested

‘I don’t know.. will they tell us?’

‘Shall we give it a try?’ It was Jooheon

‘yeah’

‘Minhyuk , you go and ask’

‘Why meee?’

‘You’re the most shameless’

‘Is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?’

‘uhh..Compliment…’

‘What is that pause for! I’m not happy at all hmph’ Minhyuk pouted

‘Go in and ask Teacher Yoon’

‘No’

‘I’ll give you money’ Jooheon offered

‘Okay I’ll go’ Minhyuk accepted the offer as fast as a lightning.

_

‘How’s it going?’

‘Teacher Yoon said there’s nothing we could do anyway so she didn’t allow to tell me’

‘Dammit!’

They failed to obtain Hyungwon’s address by asking.

So what they plan to do next is pretty obvious.

Of course...They would sneak inside the teacher’s office and search for themselves...

×     ×     ×     ×     ×     ×